Add Swiss Half Fare Card to SBB app?

• DorothySwitz
    Participant
    12 posts
    14 August 2022 at 1:53:33 #828065

Hello, I just purchased half fare cards on the Swiss Travel Centre website using the link from your site. I have added the passes to my Apple wallet but I cannot figure out how to add them to the SBB app like I have done in the past. Can you help?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 August 2022 at 5:05:10 #945579

Hello DorothySwitz!

You don’t have to add your Swiss Half Fare Card to the SBB app. Adding products to an SBB account is mainly meant for Swiss residents. Many of them have a ‘SwissPass’ account to which they can add their ‘Half-Fare Travelcard’ or other digital passes/subscriptions. But that’s different from your Swiss Half Fare Card. You can buy your 50% discounted tickets wherever you want without any account. You’ll find it all explained here:

I hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you have further questions!

DorothySwitz
    Participant
    12 posts
    14 August 2022 at 13:29:52 #945580

Thanks! I thought I linked it last year! I bought all my point to point tickets on the SBB app so they scanned my app each time I was on the train. I’ve added the half fare card to my wallet now. Appreciate your help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 August 2022 at 14:40:23 #945581

Hi DorothySwitz,

Tehcnically there is a pretty complex way to add a Swiss Half Fare Card to an SBB account as far as I know. Maybe that’s what you managed to do last year. But it’s easy to get discounted tickets with the SBB app, even without an account or linked pass. It defaults to 50% discounted prices anyway, as many Swiss residents have a 50% off travel subscription. In any case, it seems like you’re all set to travel now!

• The thread ‘Add Swiss Half Fare Card to SBB app?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.