Adding lift tickets to a Swiss Transfer ticket

• Marimo
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 October 2016 at 16:27:24 #810256

I am planning to purchase a Swiss Transfer ticket to take 1 adult and 2 youths (ages 22 and 20) from Basel to Zermatt and back to Zurich. How do I add lift tickets to the Swiss Transfer ticket? We need lift tickets for these days: December 18, 19, 20. Many thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 October 2016 at 16:48:34 #856666

Hi Marimo,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You can’t add lift tickets. A Swiss Transfer Ticket only offers two trips as explained here. There are no add-ons.

If you are traveling before December 31 you can consider the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi instead (see the previous link). Else the Swiss Half Fare Card may work for you.

Marimo
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 October 2016 at 17:02:24 #856667

Thank you — So, if I purchase the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi for each of us, when we get to Zermatt we will get a discount on our lift tickets? Thank you again

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 October 2016 at 17:15:54 #856668

Yes indeed. You’ll get 50% off all the major lifts like Glacier Paradise and Gornergrat (not on ski lifts). You can download the map from our page for details. From the US, you can order the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi via http://www.raileurope.com/ra il-tickets-passes/swiss-transfer-ticket-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html or http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Marimo
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 October 2016 at 17:31:28 #856669

Sorry to have so many questions, but at this link there is a note that says Validity 2 days. Is that correct?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 October 2016 at 8:39:03 #856670

No problem! Validity works as explained on the page I referred to in my first reply: so it’s one day to travel to a town, another day to travel back, and you will get discounts on the days in between if you have the Combi.

• The thread ‘Adding lift tickets to a Swiss Transfer ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.