Advice on 8 day trip – sites and trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2017 at 3:01:06 #812440

Hello, This is such a great site! I appreciate the help that you give to travelers.

2 adults and 1 child are travelling with 8 day Swiss passes and family card.

we have some ideas about activities but i would like advice on other things to see and on train routes. i see that there are several routes to get to the same places.

Day 1-we arrive in Zurich and travel to lucern…. we plan to explore the city on day 1. i understand that there is a nice city wall walk.? we plan to visit the lion of lucern.

Day 2- the Classic Round trip Mt Rigi tour….

Day 3 Travel from lucern to wengen…is one route better than another?…

Day 4-Wengen-hiking -waterfalls

Day 5-Wengen-Jungfrau-weather pending

Day 6-Wengen-other day trip??? bikes??? cable cars???

Day 7-Travel from Wengen to Zurich in morning…explore zurich… museums

Day8-Depart from Zurich.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    28 June 2017 at 18:58:54 #865913

Hi kfred, thanks for your compliments!

I think your itinerary looks fine. It’s varied and well-paced. Just mind to make some back-up plans such as boat rides and city/museum visits in case weather isn’t good. The Swiss Travel Pass is the perfect solution to be flexible and adapt your plans if necessary, so no worries there. Please see the pages below for further suggestions around Lucerne and in the Bernese Oberland:

As for day 3: the default route gets you to Interlaken via Brünig, Meiringen and Brienz. It’s part of the Golden Pass ride and very scenic. You’ll find details in the timetable. Day 6: there are plenty of options in the Wengen area. If skies are clear consider Männlichen (with the hike to Kleine Scheidegg if you like) or Schilthorn, combined with the Grütschalp-Mürren hike.

• The thread ‘Advice on 8 day trip – sites and trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.