Aletsch Glaicier Easy hikes

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tsk1979
tsk1979
12 posts
Aug 7, 2011 - 8:19 AM
Hello,
We will be making a day trip in the Vallis area, and can either reach Fiesch, or betten by car by arund 2:30pm or so
I was wondering, if you can advice me which of these places are the best for a 1-2 hour hike to Aletsch glacer.

We do not mind taking either the Eggishorn cable car or the Bettemalp cable are.

Any other options available too?

Last but not the least, I heard form eggishorn you can walk to glacier, and then walk through a tunnel to Fiesch?
Annika
Annika
6002 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2011 - 7:06 AM
Hi tsk1979. Both the Eggishorn and Bettmerhorn are great for a visit to the Aletsch glacier. Hiking options, including 1-2 hour walks, are listed at the Eggishorn and Bettmerhorn pages. The hike you refer to starts at Bettmerhorn and ends up at Fiescheralp, along the glacier and through a tunnel. It's the Aletsch Glacier Path mentioned here. However, this won't fit in 1 or 2 hours. You may like this easy hike between Riederalp and Bettmeralp. It doesn't offer a view of the glacier, but you can easily combine this with a visit to the Eggishorn or Bettmerhorn, and it's a great scenic route overlooking valleys and mountains.
Last modified on May 25, 2014 - 6:58 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019