Am I understanding the TGV LYRIA correctly?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2016 at 15:59:23 #809063

We have 2nd class Swiss Travel Passes for our 8 night visit. I know that they are only usable within Switzerland. So on our last day in Switzerland I have reserved two tickets for the TGV Lyria train from Vallorbe to Paris.

We are leaving from Montreux and the TGV train that we have booked departs from Lausanne. My question is: Are our Swiss Travel Passes valid on the section of the TGV Lyria train from Lausanne to Vallorbe? If they are, am I correct in that we would board that train in Lausanne, show our Swiss Travel Passes at the beginning, and then show our paid for reservations at Vallorbe?

Or do we have to use our passes to travel by regional train from Montreux to Vallorbe, and then catch the TGV Lyria train there?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2016 at 17:17:04 #851447

Hi Canadarocks,

You can simply board the TGV in Lausanne and stay seated in Vallorbe. This has been discussed here. You can show both your Swiss Travel Pass and ticket when a conductor comes along to check tickets. Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2016 at 17:22:05 #851448

Thanks Arno. Sorry for the repeat of the topic, but I just needed to confirm that I understood correctly about being able to board the TGV train in Lausanne without paying for it from there.

• The thread ‘Am I understanding the TGV LYRIA correctly?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.