An incredible Swiss train journey to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2018 at 12:03:49 #818539

Hello My Traveler friends here !

I recently visited Switzerland with my family and since the , we just can’t stop ourselves to wonder how exceptionally beautiful Switzerland is & how nature has bestowed its blessings in abundance over this wonderful country. Accordingly , I have penned down a Swiss Trip report / a travelogue on the same which I would like to share with all you guys . So , here’s the link to Blog (with lots of photographs & videos) about a Travel Story which I so loved to write about :

An Incredible Train Journey to the top of the Europe – Interlaken Ost Station to Jungfraujoch (Switzerland Diaries) !

insideoutwithrahulyuvi .com/2018/09/03/an-incredible-train-journey-to-the-top-of-the-europe-interlaken-ost-station-to-jungfraujoch/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pnypB9CPVE

I hope you find the blog worth reading & sharing. Would love to hear your feedback !

Thank you !

Namaste from India and wish you all best of health & happiness. Keep Travelling & sharing stories !!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 7:46:21 #896982

Hi Rahul Yuvi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Thanks for posting a link to your recent trip to Switzerland – looks like you had a great time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 8:56:48 #896983

Thank you so much Lucas for your warm welcome.Yes we truly had an incredible time at Jungfraujoch. I hope you and other travellers visiting My Swiss Alps will find my Travel Blog worth reading & sharing.

Thanks again !! 🙂

EvelynM
    Participant
    79 posts
    29 September 2018 at 13:29:44 #896984

Thanks for posting this blog….looking fwd to the others

Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    29 September 2018 at 16:37:26 #896985

Ah, Rahul Yuvi, I commend you for your very interesting & informative blog about The Top of Europe. My friends & I just returned from Switzerland, & we agree that the Jungfraujoch is a highlight of a visit to the most beautiful country in the world. Thank you, & safe travels to you & your family in future. I will look forward to reading about it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 16:54:40 #896986

Thanks EvelynM for the kind acknowledgement !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 16:56:40 #896987

Thank you so much Cjwebs ! Yes, Jungfraujoch truly is fantastic .Look forward to read your travel experience in detail , once you will share the same . Thanks again for the kind words.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 22:03:53 #896988

Thank you for your post. I am going in late June 2019 and I have been told to NOT stay in Interlaken. However, it seems there are SO many places to travel to from there. Did you stay overnight there and if so where and how did you find the city? I am looking for two bases in an 8 day span, a solo traveler so don’t want to run around too much at my age, I am 62 with a not so great hip that makes super long walks or hikes uncomfortable. That being said, I am seeking to visit Lucern, Wengen and Murren perhaps and Lausuanne. Not too much into Zurich or anywhere else except maybe Lugano because it looks stunning. Any advice?

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    1 October 2018 at 7:53:58 #896989

Hi Loristravels

We just returned from over three weeks in Switzerland. Our first trip – lots of help/advice from this forum but nothing really prepares you for the joys and the challenges (I will be sharing some ‘tips’ later). Your mention of Lugano got my attention. We stayed in five different places. I am your age not much of a ‘hiker’.

The week we had in Wengen, vs the 5 nights in Lugano,vs 5 nights in Lucerne were like visiting three different countries. Lugano has the most amazing ‘vibe’, Lucerne has all the old world charm and the fabulous lakes and ring of mountains to choose from and Wengen is just the essence of ‘Swiss Alps’. Good luck in your choices but do try to get to Lugano and stay somewhere on the Lake!

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 October 2018 at 12:21:02 #896990

Hi Loristravels,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Interlaken itself is not the prettiest town in Switzerland. But it’s centrally located and has a lot of shops and restaurants. It depends on your priorities whether Interlaken or one of the smaller towns is your best bet. Please find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion.

If you need further assistance, please open a new thread. Thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 October 2018 at 12:22:06 #896991

I’m looking forward to your trip report BarSal!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2018 at 17:21:29 #896992

Hi Loristravels

Sorry for the late reply .

No we didn’t stay overnight at interlaken. Rather we stayed at a Hotel called Swissever Zug at Brunnmatt, Cham and reached Interlaken station from there in the morning itself and returned to same Hotel in the evening after visiting Jungfraujoch..

Regarding how did we find Interlaken , well firstly , it was a part of the itinerary of the Group Tour that we had opted from a Travel portal and secondly , being from India, Interlaken holds a special place for us because Yash Chopra , a noted Indian Filmmaker , was Tourism Ambassador of Interlaken. There is even a Bronze Statue of his at Kursaal Park , Interlaken.So we were always curious to visit Interlaken.

Regarding whether to stay at Interlaken or not , I think post by our friends BarSal & Arno above can help & guide you better in this regard . But I think I can confidently vouch for this fact that wherever you go in Switzerland , the warmth & hospitality of Swiss people will make you feel at home and extremely comfortable at all times.

Thanks &Regards

Rahul

(Simply google Inside Out with Rahul Yuvi )

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2018 at 22:11:46 #896993

Thank you so much for your reply. It surely helped me a lot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2018 at 22:13:14 #896994

Thank you kindly for your response. I may indeed open a new thread. Checking out the link you provided to me. Much appreciated!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2018 at 22:14:00 #896995

Good to know. Thanks a million.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2018 at 6:55:09 #896996

You are welcome.

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2018 at 20:07:57 #896997

Hello Friends !

How are you all . I hope each one of my traveler friend here is continuing his/her journey to mountains or beaches or to some exotic Island . 🙂

First of all thank you very much for such a wonderful response to my Blog

“An Incredible Train Journey to the top of the Europe – Interlaken Ost Station to Jungfraujoch (Switzerland Diaries) !” {Link to the blog is at the very 1st post of this thread}

In continuation to that blog , just wanted to share with you all a very short video ( only 42 seconds) on my with family experience at Jungfraujoch , which I have just published on myYou Tube Channel . Here’s the Link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pnypB9CPVE

I hope you all find it worth watching .

Would love to hear your feedback on my website:

insideoutwithrahulyuvi .com/category/blog/tra vel/

Thanks & Regards !

Rahul Sharma

(InsideOutwithRahulYuvi)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2018 at 16:15:17 #896998

Hello Guys ..Hows everybody doing..Every-time I post a comment here, I go through my very own trip report and end up getting nostalgic ..Nevertheless, this time comment is to connect with my blogger friends here in a bigger & better way.

#GuestPostsInvited #GetPublished

While for sharing your Switzerland experience, obviously http://www.myswissalps.com provides one of the best platform but for your other travel experiences as well for niches listed below , Guest Posts to be published on my website are happily invited :

#Travel

#RestaurantReviews

#BookReviews

#Spirituality

Please read the further details here before sending your entries :

insideoutwithrahulyuvi .com/2018/11/11/get-published-guest-posts-invited/

Look forward to happily receive & witness some wonderful work .

Thank You My Swiss Alps !

See Ya ! 🙂

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    12 November 2018 at 15:47:52 #896999

Good day Rahul,

Thanks for this lovely testimony. Just one remark: the place you call Grindelwald (just after “Change over at Grindelwald” is in fact not Grindelwald, but Kleine Scheidegg. I have a feeling you took the Lauterbrunnen – Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch route.

All the same, a nice blog.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2018 at 16:16:21 #897000

Dear Snowman,

Thank you so much for correcting me and so nice of you to say such kind words about the Trip Report .

Please do check out my other Travelogues too on my blog (Just Google : Inside Out with Rahul Yuvi )

A feedback is kindly requested.

Thanks again !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2018 at 19:24:17 #897001

Dear All ,

Wish you a very Happy & Prosperous New Year, 2019.

And on the very 1st day of the year ahead , I am really glad to share something good about your very own blog Inside Out with Rahul Yuvi ( insideoutwithrahulyuvi .com)

Into just it’s second year , the blog has crossed 10K+ views for the year 2018 i.e. a jump of 212 % from the debutante year besides being bestowed with a number of accolades (insideoutwithrahulyuvi .com/acknowledgements-accolades/ )

This would have certainly not been possible without the consistent support & love of each one of my reader friends , spread across 17 countries .

And so , I don’t want to miss this opportunity to specially & individually thank all the readers of myswissalps.com as the subject Trip Report on Jungfraujoch has been one of the most popular post of my blog and I have been consistently getting views from myswissalps.com

Thanks a lot !!

Please Keep Supporting the blog (Just Google : Inside Out with Rahul Yuvi ) and don’t forget to checkout the latest Travel write up being served on the blog.

Namaste & Take Care !!

Regards

Rahul Sharma

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • The thread ‘An incredible Swiss train journey to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.