Are Swiss train tickets cheaper if bought online?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 November 2017 at 19:57:51 #813697

Hello,

Next month I will be traveling to Switzerland and I will arrive to Geneva airport. From there I will need to take a train to Friboug. My questions are the following:

Is Geneva airport neat the train station?

Are train tickets cheaper if bought by internet rather than personally once arriving at the train station?

If my plane arrival is delayed and then I miss my train would I be able to change it without cost ?

Thank you very much

Jinnie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 November 2017 at 21:40:35 #872151

Hi Jinnie and Welcome to MySwissAlps

“Is Geneva airport neat the train station?”

There is a station at Geneva Airport and a direct train from there to Fribourg.

Are train tickets cheaper if bought by internet rather than personally once arriving at the train station?

No.

If my plane arrival is delayed and then I miss my train would I be able to change it without cost ?

The ticket will cover the route you plan to take. Reservations are not required on most Swiss Trains. So if you are delayed, just catch the next available train.

The only thing to beware of is that Super Saver fares apply to a specific train departure. If you miss that train you must buy a replacement ticket.

Use the SBB timetable to plan your trips. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

• The thread ‘Are Swiss train tickets cheaper if bought online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.