72625 posts
    26 March 2016 at 2:46:41 #808722

Hello…my itinerary for my swiss trip is as follows

• May 2 Jungfrau
    • May 3 Geneva
    • May 4 Titlis
    • May 5 Meiringen
    • May 6 Lucerne

If weather is bad, Jungfrau and titlis will be out.. Was planning trummelbach falls on way back from Jungfrau… I suppose the rest of the places can be done in cloudy weather too…can u suggest someplace instead of Jungfrau and titlis if it is cloudy? And, how far is AccuWeather reliable for swiss weather?.. The first week of may is predicted as cloudy…thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 March 2016 at 8:33:08 #849879

Hi Premasudha,

Any weather forecast 6 weeks in advance for Switzerland is completely useless, regardless of the source, so no worries. Forecasts for Switzerland start to make sense a few days ahead, and you’d best check again the prior evening. The forecast on myswissalps.com/ weather/forecast is the same one as on the local TV, so I’d use that.

Alternatives for bad weather can be found here:

The Trümmelbach Falls and the towns are indeed suitable for cloudy weather as well. Even a boat trip would work on such a day if it’s not raining continuously.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2016 at 19:07:07 #849880

Hi Arno,

Every other day I come across a new post / question (indeed valid ones) from people which makes me re-think my plan all over again. I have posted in other posts about my itinerary for mid-April to Titlis (19/4) and Jungfrau (20/4) or the reverse. But in case of cloudy weather, will the Schilthorn or Matterhorn be an option ? Or if its cloudy up the Titlis, it would be the same for the other ones too (considering Matterhorn is down south of Swiss) ?

In cloudy weather, do they stop the mountain trains or just coz you can’t get a clean view people prefer not to go, although for a first timer the journey via the cable cards, mountain trains, the cold weather itself will be an exciting adventure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2016 at 4:29:34 #849881

Thanks a lot

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 March 2016 at 8:03:23 #849882

Hi sskundu,

Basically anything is possible. The whole country could be cloudy and rainy, or it could just be the north, the south, or even a much smaller region. All you can do is watch the forecast the prior evening and see where the best weather is expected.

Mountain trains and cable cars will operate regardless, unless the weather is extreme. Going up into a cloud is not very exiting as you won’t see a thing. If it’s scattered clouds you might take a chance as it could clear up or at least you may have a some views every now and then.

• The thread ‘Backup plan in case of bad weather Titlis&Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.