Basel Bus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2011 at 4:07:18 #804675

Hi,

I would like to go to the Anatomisches Museum in the university of Basel. I have searched Google maps and it has led me to take bus NFB from the Basel SBB station.

Can I ask what is NFB and if I have a Swiss Flexi saver pass, can I seat it for free?

Regards,
    Nicky

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    4 September 2011 at 4:28:53 #834133

Hi Nicky, and welcome to the forum! ‘NFB’ means ‘Niederflurbus’, which only indicates that it’s a specific kind of bus with a low floor. Further details on your trip can be found when filling out ‘Basel SBB’ as your departure station and ‘Basel, Anatomisches Museum’ as your destination in the Swiss timetable.

Yes, public transportation in Basel is for free with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, provided that you use a free travel day. If you use a discounted day, a 50% discount will be granted. Details and purchase options are listed at the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

I hope this helps you out.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2011 at 9:45:42 #834134

Hi Annika, Thank you

• The thread ‘Basel Bus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.