Nov 15, 2019 - 8:53 PM
Hi Swiss Friends,
I’m driving a rental car from Basel to Zermatt (Tasch) and I have few questions I hope you can help with:
1. I’ve rented a small SUV. Adding traction devices wasn’t an option when I made my reservation. Multiple attempts to add them have been unsuccessful. Will my route require that I use them or have them with me?
1. A. Hotwire indicated that if we needed them that any gas station will have them available for free. This sounds far fetched. Anyone have info on this?
2. Any thoughts on the best route to take during this time of year?
3. I know that I can pre-pay for a parking space in Tasch, but it seems like that doesn’t reserve a spot for me. So is there any reason to purchase ahead of time?
3. A. Is there a way to actually reserve a parking space?
3. B. If the Tasch parking lot is full, what alternatives exist and how does one get to the train to Zermatt from those alternatives.
Many thanks for your guidance!