Basel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass

Basel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Rhee69
Rhee69
2 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 2:43 PM

Hi there, may I know does Swiss Travel Pass cover the journey from Basel to Zermatt via Olten and Spiez?

I have checked the area of validity on the map, there is part of the journey between Basel to Olten as well as Spiez to Visp are on the line of reduction. Do I need to pay for that with Swiss Travel Pass?

And I am unsure how many transfer stations in between.

Thank you =)

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2017 - 6:28 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Rhee69!

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers the entire ride. The striped lines you see on the validity map indicate tunnels and they're free with the Swiss Travel Pass. Only dotted lines indicate a discount, but that's not relevant for this route.

The Swiss timetable allows you to find details for your connection. As you'll see, the quickest connections have only 1 change of trains in Visp. If you're up for a more scenic detour, enter "Kandersteg" or "Goppenstein" as a via-station. This beautiful ride avoids the long Lötschberg tunnel and offers views of the mountain range plus a great descent into the Rhone valley instead.

Rhee69
Rhee69
2 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 6:37 PM

That's great , thank you for the info!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017