Jun 13, 2016 - 1:29 AM
Hi! I have been researching this for weeks and I am still confused! Can you help please?
We will be traveling from Milan Central to Wengen in July. I have been reviewing the validity map over and over again, but I am just not sure still...
1. Can you please tell me does the Berner Overland pass cover from Spiez to Wengen? I have this route in mind...Spiez-Interlaken OST-Lauterbrunnen-Wengen? Looking at the validity map it just isn't that clear to me.
2. Also, I believe it is, but just checking, is the Golden Pass included with the BO pass as well? I want to make a reservation since I will be traveling with my children. If the Golden Pass isn't covered, then I will just take the non-scenic route.
3. In addition, is the Berner Oberland pass considered a "travel pass" for children to travel for free? I know the Swiss Travel pass has that option, called the "Family Card/Family Pass" but i'm not getting that pass. The reason why I ask is because I want to get them the 30CHF travel Family pass/Family card to cover all of Switzerland, not just the BO area because we will also be traveling to Zurich as well.
4. Again, with not really understanding the validity map that well, we will also be going to Luzern and I'm not sure if the Berner Oberland pass covers these areas... (it looks like dots on the validity map so assuming it is 1/2 price?) Is Luzern to Engelberg covered, Is Luzern-Engelberg-Mt Titlis covered and Mt. Pilatus looks like a blue line? Is that covered in any way? I don't see a blue line option in the key.
5. Also, is the only option to get the Berner Oberland pass sent to me? Is there absolutely no option to print it at home? It says it will take 5 working days to get it sent to the United States. Does that mean I will have it in my possession within 5 working days or they will send it out within 5 working days and then however long it takes to get to me from then? I just want to order it with enough time!
Thank you so much for your time and help! I have been searching this forum and studying the map for weeks and I am just so confused! I sincerely appreciate your help!!