Bernese Oberland activities - 5 days Lauterbrunnen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
patsy1
patsy1
21 posts
Aug 28, 2017 - 4:56 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think we will try the hike to Tuba. I guess we should retrace our hike to get back to Schynigge Platte Station? Daniel, enjoy your trip.

Patsy

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5150 posts
expert
Aug 28, 2017 - 5:21 PM in reply to patsy1

<<"I guess we should retrace our hike to get back to Schynigge Platte Station? ">>>

Take your pick. There are three obvious choices that I described. Wait until you see the lay of the land to make your choices.

Slowpoke

patsy1
patsy1
21 posts
Aug 28, 2017 - 6:23 PM

Hi again: Daniel you were mentioning that you are going to buy the B.O. pass. Are the discounts any better with that pass than the swiss travel pass. We were planning to purchase the Swiss travel pass as we will be also travelling on the Bernina express and the Golden Pass route as well as several other train trips. Does the BO pass cover buses in the area? What do you think my best option is. Should I just go with the Swiss travel pass?

Thanks, Patsy

theTutor
theTutor
25 posts
Aug 29, 2017 - 5:16 AM in reply to patsy1

Hi Patsy,

Thanks and same to you! :)

theTutor
theTutor
25 posts
Aug 29, 2017 - 5:28 AM in reply to patsy1

Hi again Patsy,

Here's a link to check the BO pass validity. www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity

It doesn't cover the Grindelwald buses, provides a discount of 25% for the Jungfraujoch train (from Kleine Scheidegg), 50% discount for the Schilthorn, free rides at Stockhorn, Niesen, Oeschinensee (near Kanderstegg), and, best of all, the Brienzer Rothorn train!

Of course, all the regional trains are free.

Please check the availability map, you'll get some idea.

We opted for this one because we'll spend our holiday entirely there, arriving by car.

For the Berninaexpress the BO pass doesn't cover anything.

For the Goldenpass line, here are the links of the BO pass official site:

www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/mob-goldenpass-line/

www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/

Hope those are helpful.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018