Bernese Oberland activities – 5 days Lauterbrunnen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 16:56:47 #868945

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think we will try the hike to Tuba. I guess we should retrace our hike to get back to Schynigge Platte Station? Daniel, enjoy your trip.

Patsy

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 August 2017 at 17:21:26 #868946

<<“I guess we should retrace our hike to get back to Schynigge Platte Station? “>>>

Take your pick. There are three obvious choices that I described. Wait until you see the lay of the land to make your choices.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 18:23:10 #868947

Hi again: Daniel you were mentioning that you are going to buy the B.O. pass. Are the discounts any better with that pass than the swiss travel pass. We were planning to purchase the Swiss travel pass as we will be also travelling on the Bernina express and the Golden Pass route as well as several other train trips. Does the BO pass cover buses in the area? What do you think my best option is. Should I just go with the Swiss travel pass?

Thanks, Patsy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2017 at 5:16:22 #868948

Hi Patsy,

Thanks and same to you! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2017 at 5:28:46 #868949

Hi again Patsy,

Here’s a link to check the BO pass validity. http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity

It doesn’t cover the Grindelwald buses, provides a discount of 25% for the Jungfraujoch train (from Kleine Scheidegg), 50% discount for the Schilthorn, free rides at Stockhorn, Niesen, Oeschinensee (near Kanderstegg), and, best of all, the Brienzer Rothorn train!

Of course, all the regional trains are free.

Please check the availability map, you’ll get some idea.

We opted for this one because we’ll spend our holiday entirely there, arriving by car.

For the Berninaexpress the BO pass doesn’t cover anything.

For the Goldenpass line, here are the links of the BO pass official site:

http://www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/mob-goldenpass-line/

http://www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/m ap-and-partners/

Hope those are helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Bernese Oberland activities – 5 days Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.