What pass for Bernese Oberland from March 9-12?

What pass for Bernese Oberland from March 9-12?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
avirupg15
avirupg15
18 posts
Feb 27, 2018 - 4:49 PM

Hi,

I was here only last september and was so thrilled by the exotic sceneries that I am planning a quick trip.

Day 1 - reach Basel around 10 am. Then take train to interlaken and reach lauterbrunnen.

Stroll in Lauterbrunnen at leisure.

Day 2: Take cable car to Grrutschalp and hike to Murren.

Come down to Gimmelwald and further to Stechelberg using cable cars and then walk back through the beautiful valley

Day 3: Train to Wengen and cable car to Manlichen and from there cable car to grindelwald, back by train to Lauterbrunnen.

Day 4: Flight is at 8:45pm so any advice is welcome.

Kindly advice what pass should be beneficial for my itinerary or shall i skip buying the passes.

Also let me know if any of the cable cars which I used last time same as above are not functional in March.

Thanks,

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 27, 2018 - 7:06 PM in reply to avirupg15

Hi avirupg15,

The Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass could be something for your trip, but I would recommend to read “How to choose the best travel pass”. A clearly mapped out itinerary is the basis for deciding which pass (if any) suits. Based on your itinerary you need to do the sums based on the cost of all your planned trips on trains, boats, cable cars etc. The page has a spreadsheet to help you.

The cable cars should be operating in March. You can always double check in the Swiss train timetable.

Last modified on Feb 28, 2018 - 9:05 AM by Chantal

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018