Bernese Oberland late April cable cars operating?

Bernese Oberland late April cable cars operating?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
avirupg15
avirupg15
18 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 2:59 PM

Hi,

I will be visiting Switzerland on the 26th of April. My itinerary is like this.

26th- Day 1 - reach Basel around 10 am. Then take train to interlaken and reach lauterbrunnen.

Stroll in Lauterbrunnen at leisure.

27th Day 2: Take cable car to Grrutschalp and hike to Murren. Cable car to Sclithorn

Come down to Gimmelwald and further to Stechelberg using cable cars and then walk back through the beautiful valley

28th Day 3: Train to Wengen and cable car to Manlichen and from there cable car to grindelwald, back by train to Lauterbrunnen.

29th Day 4: Flight is at 3:45pm from Basel.

Kindly advice if any of the cable cars or transportation means will not be available during my visit as per the above itinerary. I heard about maintenance work in some part. Kindly confirm so that I can plan my trip.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 4:43 PM in reply to avirupg15

Hi Avirupg15,

Yes a few of those are closed. Wengen to Männlichen and to Grindelwald will be closed. Schilthorn is also closed from April 23 -27 - but you could go on the 28th.

We have a forum thread on the topic here for more details.

avirupg15
avirupg15
18 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 5:33 PM

Thanks for your quick response. That's sad. So is there any other way to reach Manlichen??

And also what about the cable car from Grindelwald to Frst during that time??

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 5:50 PM in reply to avirupg15

What were you hoping to do in Männlichen?

First is operating yes.

avirupg15
avirupg15
18 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 5:56 PM

Last time I took the hike to klieneschiedeg from Manlichen.. I know that trail will be closed now. But see how the park looks with all the snow.. can you suggest an alternative??

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2018 - 8:57 AM in reply to avirupg15

Hi Avirupg15,

Alternatives depend on the amount of snow left when you're there. It might be possible to walk from the train stop Alpiglen down to Grindelwald, for example. Do note that this is a 600 m descend, so a bit hard on the knees. You can of course walk in the other direction as well. You can check the conditions at any tourist office when you're there, and they will also know about alternatives. Staffed train stations can also offer help.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018