Gondola/rail access to mountains in April/May 2018

• stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    26 December 2017 at 20:49:11 #813876

We’re going to be staying in Interlaken from mid-April to mid-May, 2018. I understand that the rail service to Schynige Platte , the Rothorn Bahn and the lifts from Grindelwald Grun to Mannlichen will not be operational until after we have left.

Does anyone know if the lifts from Kriens to Pilatus will be functional? I believe the train from Alpnachstad will be closed while we’re there.

Or the Engelberg to Titlis lifts?

Is Mannlichen accessible from Wengen or are those closed as well?

Will the funicular to the Richenbach Falls be running?

Will the lift to Niederhorn be running?

I tried using the SBB web site but I’m not sure if these attractions are closed for maintenance or if I’m using the web site incorrectly.

If I understand some of the other threads, Schilthorn will be accessible in April and May.

We enjoy this forum very much and constantly look at the posts to see if they are relevant to our next visit. Who ever posted that map with the hiking trails is brilliant. A fantastic resource.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2017 at 1:06:34 #873222

Here are the operating details in April and May for the mountain transport you have mentioned:

Jungfrau Region

• Train Wilderswil-Schnyige Platte – expected to reopen on 26 May 2018 (weather dependent)
    • Gondola Grindelwald Grund-Männlichen – Operating until 2 April 2018; closed 3 Apr to 25 May 2018; reopens 26 May 2018. However, if snow conditions are good, it will also operate over Pentecost weekend between 19–21 May.
    • Cable car Wengen-Männlichen – Operating until 2 April 2018; closed 3 Apr-31 May 2018; reopens 1 June 2018
    • Cable car Mürren-Schilthorn – operating except for maintenance closure between 23-27 April 2018

Interlaken area

• Funicular Meiringen-Reichenbach Falls – reopens 4 May 2018
    • Gondola Beatenberg-Niederhorn – reopens 21 Apr 2018

Luzern

• Gondola Engelberg-Titlis – operating
    • Cogwheel train Alpnachstad-Pilatus Kulm – closed for winter, and will reopen some time in the first half of May, depending on weather conditions. At the beginning of May, you can start checking whether or not it has reopened:

http://www.pilatus.ch/en/nc/l ive/

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2018 at 20:03:19 #873223

Hello,

We are planing on visit Switzerland on April. From the 27th to May 4th, and I was wondering if it is a really bad idea to travel on those dates, due to weather?

Our plan is to stay 4 nights in Zurich (is that too much?) and then spend 2 in Zermatt and 2 in Geneva.

Any recommendations? In addition, what about the train? is it too expensive?

Thank you in advance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 3:24:22 #873224

Hi alex, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Could I ask you to start a new thread with your queries please? 🙂

It will get very confusing for us responding to your queries in the middle of someone else’s thread.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2018 at 13:46:00 #873225

Hi! Could you please let me know where do I have to post it? The link?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2018 at 13:49:24 #873226

Hi Alexdiamz,

You can start a new thread for your questions on our miscellaneous forum page here.

• The thread ‘Gondola/rail access to mountains in April/May 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.