Bernese Oberland Regional Passes available now?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 4:48 PM

I am trying to buy our Bernese Oberland Regional Passes now for June 22 start date. The SBB site is only allowing purchase for a start date on or before June 02. Is this a glitch or do I have to wait until later this month to purchase them?

Thanks for your help.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 3, 2018 - 5:11 PM in reply to Stacy

Hi Stacy,

It might be a glitch. I just tried to find out a train ticket price for something else in June and it wouldn't give me the price.

If you're eager to purchase the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland tonight, you can also try it with the other retailer (HappyRail) that we've listed on our website: www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/price

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:25 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks, Chantal. I'll try Happy Trails.

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:26 PM in reply to Stacy

LOL! Make that Happy Rail!

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:47 PM in reply to Chantal

Chantal, I tried Happy Rail but they did not offer a 25% discount for also having a Swiss Travel Pass. Guess I'll try SBB later.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 3, 2018 - 6:27 PM in reply to Stacy

You are right. Doesn't give me the option either. I've contacted them. I'll let you know what the answer is.

Arno
Arno
12142 posts
expert &
May 3, 2018 - 6:32 PM

Hi Stacy,

Happyrail does not offer the discounted version of that pass yet. I assume you tried the SBB domestic site, but you'd better order from their tourist webshop at https://www.swissrailw ays.com/en/products/re gionalberneseoberlandp ass. They offer the discounted pass, and also issues with non-accepted credit cards are less likely there.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 5:29 PM by Arno
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 7:20 PM in reply to Arno

Chantal and Arno, thank you both. I followed Arno's advice and successfully ordered the passes through the Swiss Travel Center.

Arno
Arno
12142 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 2:54 PM

Just a quick update for future readers: Happyrail now does offer the discounted passes, and sends them via e-mail within one business day: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/regional-pass-berner-oberland.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019