Bernese Oberland Regional Passes available now?

Bernese Oberland Regional Passes available now?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 4:48 PM

I am trying to buy our Bernese Oberland Regional Passes now for June 22 start date. The SBB site is only allowing purchase for a start date on or before June 02. Is this a glitch or do I have to wait until later this month to purchase them?

Thanks for your help.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 3, 2018 - 5:11 PM in reply to Stacy

Hi Stacy,

It might be a glitch. I just tried to find out a train ticket price for something else in June and it wouldn't give me the price.

If you're eager to purchase the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland tonight, you can also try it with the other retailer (HappyRail) that we've listed on our website: www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/price

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:25 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks, Chantal. I'll try Happy Trails.

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:26 PM in reply to Stacy

LOL! Make that Happy Rail!

Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 5:47 PM in reply to Chantal

Chantal, I tried Happy Rail but they did not offer a 25% discount for also having a Swiss Travel Pass. Guess I'll try SBB later.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 3, 2018 - 6:27 PM in reply to Stacy

You are right. Doesn't give me the option either. I've contacted them. I'll let you know what the answer is.

Arno
Arno
11150 posts
expert &
May 3, 2018 - 6:32 PM

Hi Stacy,

Happyrail does not offer the discounted version of that pass yet. I assume you tried the SBB domestic site, but you'd better order from their tourist webshop at https://www.swissrailw ays.com/en/products/re gionalberneseoberlandp ass. They offer the discounted pass, and also issues with non-accepted credit cards are less likely there.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 5:29 PM by Arno
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
May 3, 2018 - 7:20 PM in reply to Arno

Chantal and Arno, thank you both. I followed Arno's advice and successfully ordered the passes through the Swiss Travel Center.

Arno
Arno
11150 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 2:54 PM

Just a quick update for future readers: Happyrail now does offer the discounted passes, and sends them via e-mail within one business day: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/regional-pass-berner-oberland.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018