I will be in Interlaken -Grindelwald area for 3 and half days in the second week of June and will have the Bernese Oberland 4 day pass (from this website link) ,after that will spend two nights in Zurich before flying out .
plan to do the following for sure
Gondola to Mannlichen from Grindelwald with hike to Kleine Scheidegg ,train to Jungfraouch ,hike from First to Bachalpsee and back ,bus to Grosse Scheidegg and hike to First,First flyer ,Harder Kulm ,Boat cruise from Brienz to Interlaken .,Aare Gorge .,
Stayed last year in Wengen area and saw Murren ,Wengen ,Lauterbrunnen so wont go back there this time though might still walk to Staubbach fall in Lauterbrunnen if time
1) Im not sure if I can fit Brienzer Rothorn or Reichenbach falls in my schedule .One way I can do the Brienzer Rothorn is to straight from Zurich airport via Sorenberg cable and train from Rothorn to Brienz and boat to Interlaken ,Ive already checked the route and all this is feasible with luggage but is the Rothorn well worth the travel with luggage .It would be very difficult to do if I dont do it on my first day from airport even if I combine it with Aare gorge in Meiringen simply because it would use up most of the day and take away from my time in Grindelwald .
2) I hope all the high hikes will be open .will I need hiking boots? .will be leaving for Europe 10 days before reaching Switzerland and dont want to lug around hiking boots around Europe
3) are the Trotti bikes from Bort to Grindelwald easy to do if one knows how to cycle or it different from cycling
4) since we already did the Mannlichen -Kleine Scheidegg hike last year in late July ,should we instead consider Eigergletscher --Alpiglen hike enroute to or after visiting Jungfraouch .Im kind of leaning to do the Mannlichen hike again as it was so easy and spectacular and it might be different in mid June .(unless its closed)
5) how does Rosenlaui gorge compare to Aare gorge (if i am not able to make it to Aare gorge)
6) is Thun worth a brief stop on the way back to Zurich via Berne .
Thanks for all your help
will post a trip report for sure of our entire Switzerland trip .