Bernina Express buying discounted tickets

• neodad
    Participant
    7 posts
    1 October 2017 at 2:30:44 #813402

My husband and I will be traveling from Lugano to Pontresina next month on the Bernina Express. We bought seat reservations when we thought we would be traveling on a Swiss Pass but landed up buying a Half Price Pass instead. At this point is it possible to buy tickets on line for the bus and train or can we buy them at the train or bus station in Lugano?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2017 at 9:24:27 #870440

Hi neodad,

Its not always possible to buy tickets for every route online with the Swiss Half Fare Card – try our page here or with the Bernina Express company Rhb here.

As long as you have seat reservations for both the bus and train then it is just important to buy the tickets before you get on the train. :).

neodad
    Participant
    7 posts
    1 October 2017 at 17:13:24 #870441

Lucas,

Thanks for the links. I was having trouble finding the Rhb page for the Bernina Express. They do honor the Swiss Half Fare Card on this route which is nice for us. As we are leaving from Lugano, do we buy the ticket at the bus station? I believe it’s located near the train station?

Thanks for your help

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 October 2017 at 2:27:01 #870442

You can buy the ticket at any manned SBB Station.

The Bus departs from the main Lugano Station. You will find the buses to your left as you stand looking at the front of the station.

neodad
    Participant
    7 posts
    2 October 2017 at 3:24:34 #870443

Great! Thanks so much!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 October 2017 at 4:23:23 #870444

Hi neodad,

I got the directions wrong. Having a seniors moment! The bus departure point is to the right of the station as you stand out the front looking at the station entrance. Not the left as I previously said.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express buying discounted tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.