Bernina Express buying discounted tickets

Bernina Express buying discounted tickets

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
neodad
neodad
7 posts
Oct 1, 2017 - 2:30 AM

My husband and I will be traveling from Lugano to Pontresina next month on the Bernina Express. We bought seat reservations when we thought we would be traveling on a Swiss Pass but landed up buying a Half Price Pass instead. At this point is it possible to buy tickets on line for the bus and train or can we buy them at the train or bus station in Lugano?

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Oct 1, 2017 - 9:24 AM in reply to neodad

Hi neodad,

Its not always possible to buy tickets for every route online with the Swiss Half Fare Card - try our page here or with the Bernina Express company Rhb here.

As long as you have seat reservations for both the bus and train then it is just important to buy the tickets before you get on the train. :).

Last modified on Oct 1, 2017 - 9:29 AM by Lucas
neodad
neodad
7 posts
Oct 1, 2017 - 5:13 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas,

Thanks for the links. I was having trouble finding the Rhb page for the Bernina Express. They do honor the Swiss Half Fare Card on this route which is nice for us. As we are leaving from Lugano, do we buy the ticket at the bus station? I believe it's located near the train station?

Thanks for your help

rockoyster
rockoyster
927 posts
top member
Oct 2, 2017 - 2:27 AM in reply to neodad

You can buy the ticket at any manned SBB Station.

The Bus departs from the main Lugano Station. You will find the buses to your left as you stand looking at the front of the station.

neodad
neodad
7 posts
Oct 2, 2017 - 3:24 AM

Great! Thanks so much!

rockoyster
rockoyster
927 posts
top member
Oct 2, 2017 - 4:23 AM in reply to neodad

Hi neodad,

I got the directions wrong. Having a seniors moment! The bus departure point is to the right of the station as you stand out the front looking at the station entrance. Not the left as I previously said.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017