Bernina line day trip from Davos to Tirano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 7:54:55 #822902

hi all we are staying in davos for a week and plan to have a trip from davos to tirano and back in the same day. i figured that i can save some money buy using the davos summer card to travel from davos to filsur and buy tickets from filsur to tirano. is my asumption correct ? if so i can use the davos card on any trains any time of day including the bernina express ( front carriages) thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 July 2019 at 8:21:27 #918054

Hi Edutu111,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Davos Klosters Card (http://www.myswissalps.com/da vos/travel) indeed includes free traveling to Filisur and Klosters. Not on the Bernina Express though, and I am not sure if they always have regular carriages to board anyway. But you can take any regional train. Whether you actually need to use the Davos Klosters Card depends: if you will have a Swiss Travel Pass all travel is included anyway. If this trip is on a fixed date you could buy a Saver Day Pass, which is cheaper if purchased well in advanced and includes all trains too.

I’d make it a circular trip and travel via Filisur one way and Saglians – Klosters the other way. More scenery to watch!

More information is here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 8:44:57 #918055

thats just great so for the heads up i buy filsur to tirano and return tirano to klosters via saglians right ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 9:17:54 #918056

.. i think i got it change at samedan for klosters in the way back..

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 July 2019 at 9:55:09 #918057

If you will out Tirano to Davos Platz via Klosters Platz in the advanced timetable, you’ll get the schedules for the alternative route back: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Indeed you need tickets from Filisur and to Davos. You can buy those online or in Davos before departure. But as said, a pass is often cheaper unless you have no other travel plans at all and can’t buy a Saver Day Pass in advance: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 13:57:34 #918058

i did find asupersaver ticket from filsur to tirano for 26 chf but as soon as i log in sbb site and go to check out the price jumps to 30, i know is not a big difference but for the four of us is adding 16 chf more..

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 July 2019 at 15:29:11 #918059

Hi Edutu111,

Note that a Supersaver ticket is different than the Saver Day Pass mentioned by Arno:

If it’s not economical for you to get Saver Day Passes, then you can indeed look into the Supersaver options. Supersaver ticket fares can vary quickly though, depending on availability and how long in advance you can get them. I’ve seen prices changing within minutes, so maybe that’s what happened when you went to check-out. Note that the SBB website is primarily geared to Swiss residents and sometimes not the most user-friendly option for tourists. There are other tourist-oriented retailers selling Supersaver tickets. You’ll find them listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland /price (look for “Supersaver tickets available”).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2019 at 0:45:40 #918060

Visitor cards are normally very localised and the Bernina Express is definitely not a local service.

I doubt there will be much difference between a Davis – Tirano ticket and a Filisur – Tirano ticket as Davos – Filisur isn’t a very long journey.

There is a Graubünden pass if you are staying all your holiday within Canton Graubünden.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2019 at 9:28:25 #918061

Hi amo thanks to your advice i managed to book the bernina Express route from filsur to tirano and tirano to klosters for 120 chf for 2 people; I still have a dilemma I did not book any tickets for the kids I understood that they dont need ticket if they under 16 and travel with a paying adult and hold a junior pass is this correct? What exactely is this pass called and can I buy it at zurich airport thanks

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 July 2019 at 14:04:02 #918062

Hi Edutu111,

You’re probably looking for the Junior travelcard. You’ll find details and purchase options through: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju niortravelcard.

Note that you’ll have to arrange for seat reservations for your kids if you want them to have their own seat in the Bernina Express. If you don’t, and if the train is full, you’ll be expected to have the kids on your laps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2019 at 14:18:44 #918063

thanks anika we are not traveling on bernina express train just the same route as bernina..

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 July 2019 at 14:20:22 #918064

Hi Eduty111, it’s all fine then!

• The thread ‘Bernina line day trip from Davos to Tirano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.