How to combine Bernina Express and Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 20:17:10 #810829

Hi,

I am trying to plan a 6 day Switzerland trip in May starting May 18. We will be coming from Paris, i want to take the Bernina express and stay a few days in Intaerlaken, where i can take day trip to Junfraujoch and another to Bern. My question is, does it make more sense to come to straight to Chur from Paris and then take the Bernina Express next morning, all the way to tirano. then from Tirano to travel to Interlaken the same day? or should we come to Interlaken straight from Paris and then after our stay is over in interlaken travel to chur to take the bernina express. Our next destination is Amsterdam from switzerland.

can you please help me plan it?

Really appreciate any help/suggestions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 14:48:10 #859063

Hi Shuk75,

My initial feeling is to go to Interlaken first; than go to Tirano and take the Bernina Express to Chur and then head off to Amsterdam. I’m not too sure there is a significant time difference between most of your options however.

Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan these routes and compare departure and arrival timing. I often also use Google maps to help me compare.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 February 2017 at 15:23:41 #859064

The order Lucas suggests makes sense, and you can use part of the Glacier Express and Gotthard Panorama Express to reach Tirano: Interlaken – Brig – Andermatt – Lugano. Then the Bernina Express bus to Tirano next morning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 17:51:16 #859065

Oh nice idea Arno…I hadn’t thought of that!

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 17:54:10 #859066

Thanks a lot to you both:)

• The thread ‘How to combine Bernina Express and Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.