Bernina Express St. Moritz to Tirano December 16

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2019 at 9:30:39 #823432

Hi

I am confused by different sites.
    Perhaps you can clarify.
    Would it be possible to go on the Bernina Express Panoramic Train from St Moritz to Tirano and back on December 16th?

We will have a Swiss Travel Pass.

When could we book if this is possible?

We would prefer to book through Swiss Travel rather than Happy Days as I believe you can chose Seats with them? Is this correct?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 August 2019 at 11:22:09 #920225

You can make reservations including seat selection at shop.rhb.ch/en/catalog /product/view/id/18/.

Do you mean December 2020 or this December? You can book 6 months from travel date so this December can be booked now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 9:47:02 #920226

Thank you fir your reply.

It is this year and I have tried the site you gave. Thank you.

Unfortunately it keeps refusing reservation, at the end saying a technical hitch and contact support. I have done so and pending a reply I will update you.

Tijoco.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2019 at 12:42:42 #920227

Reply as promised. It was very prompt. My request was re reservations not booking ticket. I’m assuming they mean reservations as well???

“”.I just got an answer from the responsible office. It is not possible to book the Bernina Express for December at the moment. Due to a change of the timetable from 14th to 15th December we can not upload the new timetable in our system. We can do that in middle of October.””

So we can reserve in October. Thanks for help.

Annika
    7125 posts
    22 August 2019 at 16:02:47 #920228

Hi Tijoco!

Note that there are several ways to book your Bernina Express tickets. Did you take a look at the options at http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress/packages? This one, for example, allows booking for December 16 already: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/passholder-fares-bernina-express.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2019 at 8:38:22 #920229

Thank you fir this. I did try it. It seems though it will be random seating and we want to sit together at a table fir just two not four if possible. Hence using SBB where we can move our seats. I’m concerned though that they will take all the reservations before I can use The SBB site.

any thoughts in this?

thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2019 at 9:38:05 #920230

Are there any other sites where we can reserve and choose our seats now? Thanks.

Annika
    7125 posts
    23 August 2019 at 10:31:55 #920231

Hi Tijoco! Retailers will usually assign two seats opposite of each other for 2 persons, and use the 4 seat arrangements for larger reservations. But if you’re set on picking your own seats from a carriage map, you should wait until the option becomes available at the RhB website mentioned by Rockoyster.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2019 at 11:04:54 #920232

Thanks.

I suspected that. I thunk I may be safer to book through Happy Days now and take pot luck or I may not get in at all if we wait. Do you think Happy Days have a block booking as maybe other travel agents so that not many left for individual bookers.

Im not sure either whether this will be a busy time.

Lots to thunk about in this trip……

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 August 2019 at 11:10:10 #920233

Hi Tijoco,

It’s HappyRail, but I hope you’ll have happy days in Switzerland 🙂 Wherever you book reservations, they are all booked through one and the same central booking system. The advantage of booking now would be that you’re done with it, and HappyRail will book the seats as soon as this is possible in that system: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/passholder-fares-bernina-express. I would be surprised if you didn’t get seats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2019 at 11:44:38 #920234

Thanks.

We are doing a tour right round Switzerland for my 70th Birthday and doing all the arrangements ourselves. I have found your site very useful. Thank you. IThe trio is a bit if a mine field though! Fingers crossed it all works….

• The thread ‘Bernina Express St. Moritz to Tirano December 16’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.