Bernina Express route Lugano to Chur?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2016 at 3:26:26 #808354

Hi. We are hoping to take the Bernina Express in June, starting via the bus to Tirano from Lugano, ending in Chur. I can only find information about North to South, originating in Chur. What am I doing wrong! Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 February 2016 at 6:42:44 #848094

Welcome to MySwissAlps ljportz!

The bus from Lugano departs 10h00. You’ll eventually arrive in Chur at 18h20. All options in all directions are in the timetable.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2016 at 16:41:10 #848095

Hello

We also want to ride Bernina Express, except in opposite direction [Chur-Tirano-Lugano], estimate 20 April 2016, and wondering…. since the Tirano-Lugano bus leg is showing on SBB.ch’s schedule I assume the bus is actually scheduled to operate that early in the spring season: what if the bus is cancelled at the last minute due to poor weather/road conditions? Since we need a reservation on the bus will we be automatically re-booked on an unreserved train to continue our same-day journey to Lugano? We planned to overnight in Lugano and the following day continue our rail trip heading northbound.

Thank You

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 February 2016 at 17:12:49 #848096

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The bus operates from March 25. It does not cross any mountain roads, so cancellation is quite unlikely but not impossible. There is no train on that route, so if you can’t take the bus you would take a train via Milan/Monza. I don’t think you will be re-booked automatically; it needs to be arranged for at the station in Tirano. But all of this is very unlikely.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express route Lugano to Chur?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.