Best walk to do in Zermatt - any ideas

Best walk to do in Zermatt - any ideas

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Apr 30, 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hi folks

Hoping someone can help me i will be arriving in Zermatt on the 27th June at 12.30 and after stowing our luggage at the local YHA I wish to make the best of the day by exploring the local area and seeing the best of Zermatt and capture some good photos of the matterhorn. i will be staying overnight in Zermatt before departing to Luzern in the morning.

i was thinking of the 5 lakes walk but it has mixed reviews and appears to be a busy and popular route. I would like to take a walk which although could be touristy at first you can escape into solitude.

Many thanks in advance

Arno
Arno
9657 posts
expert &
May 2, 2017 - 4:56 AM

Hi Twiggy,

Yes, the 5 lakes walk is popular. It won't stop you from taking good pictures though (if the weather's good). You can find alternative walks here: myswissalps.com/zermat t/activities. Rotenboden to Riffelalp is another good option.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017