Booking tickets from St Moritz to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2016 at 16:53:03 #810351

hi again

I have worked out that I will take the RE trains from St Moritz to Chur and then straight to the Zurich airport . About 3 1/2 hrs travel .

As its not a panoramic train I dont have to reserve a seat. I have a swiss travel card so do I have to go through the online booking system or do I just roll up and find a seat on the day and my pass pays for the train trip? Im not use to not booking and just hoping there will be a spare seat once those who have booked are on 🙂 Is that how it works.?

Really look forward to a reply as need to do this last train trip and then I am done! Cant wait to get there!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 November 2016 at 17:42:36 #857080

Hi Lisac,

You mentioned a Swiss Travel Card, but there is no such product. I assume you mean either the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card. The links explain about these products. With a Swiss Travel Pass you can just board that train. You don’t need anything else. Very few people (if any) will book seats for that journey. It’s very uncommon in Switzerland to do so and I’m not even sure if it’s possible for the St. Moritz to Chur train.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Booking tickets from St Moritz to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.