Booking VIP tickets on the golden pass line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2016 at 18:34:53 #808452

I am travelling to Switzerland in July/ August and transferring between Lucerne and Montreaux on the 4 th August. I would like to book VIP seats on the section between zweisimmen and Montreaux on the 14.25 train ( which says it is a panoramic train) . When I go to book the seats I can only see the standard seats available to book. Any help and advice welcome please.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 February 2016 at 7:47:21 #848587

Hi elainehughes, thanks for joining us!

Not all Golden Pass trains have VIP seats. It doesn’t matter whether they’re called “Panoramic” or “Classic”. Only a few trains per day between Zweisimmen and Montreux (not Montreaux ;-)) offer such seats, so you have to find the right connection. This can be done by entering your trip in the timetable: from Lucerne to Montreux, with Meiringen and Zweisimmen as via-stations. Clicking on the “plus” symbol will get you details on each connection, and the timetable will state whether VIP seats between Zweisimmen and Montreux are available (in French: “avec places VIP”). For example: on August 4, the trains leaving from Zweisimmen at 12.25 and 18.25 have VIP seats.

The booking system also shows VIP seats, if available. You’d best follow the link on our Golden Pass tickets page and enter your connection. You’ll get to see a lay-out of train compartments. VIP seats are the ones at the very front of the 1st class carriage, facing the front window.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Booking VIP tickets on the golden pass line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.