Buy your 2016 Swiss Travel Pass now and save money

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2015 at 15:42:00 #846371

Hello Arno

Though none of the links you are suggesting are applicable to us as I buy our passes from the UK Swiss Travel System, would you also recommend that I buy our passes for next summer early? I bought them in September last year for this summer’s trip and they were kind enough to honour the price I paid despite the big changes they made in January – discontinuing the 30 day pass and saver version I had ordered – they sent me 2 15 day passes each at no extra charge. I know my dates for next summer as I have already reserved a room in a hotel in St. Moritz for a week and the apartment in Thun for the following 3 weeks.

I usually book everything well in advance as I like to have everything settled so I can then enjoy researching and planning our day trips during the dark winter months anticipating the next summer’s delights!

Keep up the good work – it is much appreciated.

Best wishes

Maggie

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 October 2015 at 9:19:51 #846372

Hi Maggie,

Well, I think the last website I listed does sell to the UK (they have “England” in their list of countries), although officially this option is for non-European travelers who are already in Europe and want to buy additional tickets. But you can have a look at it and see if the price difference is worth it.

If you like the convenience and support of your local site, http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk, I’d recommend to keep an eye on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions. As soon as there’s a promotion we will list it there. Most promotions are not for the Summer months, but you never know. As you can see there is one at the moment, but just for traveling this Autumn.

Now, apart from promos, there’s the regular price of passes that may or may not change next year. The prices in CHF will not change in 2016, but I don’t know about prices in GBP. That will depend on the exchange rate. We list the latest prices on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. If they drop before the end of the year, that could be a good time to get your passes.

St. Moritz and Thun are wonderful; you have a lot to look forward to!

Arno

• The thread ‘Buy your 2016 Swiss Travel Pass now and save money’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.