Buying options of 1st class Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2019 at 18:52:39 #824373

We will be arriving in Zurich on December 9, 2019 by plane from USA. We would like to take the train to Lucerne from Zurich and then use trains throughout our 8 day trip. When we arrive at Zurich, can we purchase the Swiss Rail Pass (1st Class) at the train station before we leave to go to Lucerne?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 November 2019 at 20:15:05 #924655

When we arrive at Zurich, can we purchase the Swiss Rail Pass (1st Class) at the train station before we leave to go to Lucerne?

Yes you can but it is far more convenient to purchase it on-line and print at home. You get to avoid potential queue at Zurich, use the pass straight away and also have a backup to carry in case of loss or damage.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2019 at 20:20:14 #924656

Which company would you recommend to buy from. I would want to deal with someone dependable to make sure if I am going to buy 2 first class SRPs, I would not wind up with issues.

Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 November 2019 at 20:22:45 #924657

All the companies listed on the page I linked to are reputable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2019 at 6:51:41 #924658

Hi Mike 007,

As Rockoyster says, all the retailer listed on our page are partners of MySwissAlps and reliable for purchase.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners

You can always buy the Swiss Travel Pass (which is the one I assume you mean) upon arrival, but as Rockoyster says, online buying saves time and the PDF file is a nice backup – you can never lose your pass that way.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Buying options of 1st class Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.