buying swiss travel pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2015 at 10:30:00 #807086

hi

We are flying to zurich 20th of april and Im just curious why I can’t buy swiss travel pass ticket online starting on the said date but instead it will just let me buy starting 21st april? Can I buy the pass in zurcih airport instead?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2015 at 15:08:48 #842521

Hi maciejjacek,

Since you live in the UK, I assume you tried to book at swisstravelsystem.co.u k. Is that right? They offer passes to print at home, but this option requires a few working days of processing before they can be e-mailed to you. Because of the weekend you’re too late to get passes for April 21 I’m afraid.

You can also check acprail.com/swiss-pass. I think they can ship a physical pass (no shipping fee) in time if you order today.

All Swiss Travel Pass purchase options, including local purchase at the airport or anywhere else, are listed here. Prices are different for each point of sale.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2015 at 3:48:36 #842522

We’re travelling from Australia and have the option to also buy from Raileurope – check their website as for us it works out cheaper than buying from the swiss travel site. http://www.raileurope.com.au At the top of the page you can change countries, not sure if it works for UK but worth a try if it saves money. Also gives you details of options for different passes.

We’re going to be there from 22nd to 25th May, not booked the pass yet, keep me posted how you go!

Samantha

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 April 2015 at 6:14:13 #842523

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for adding that! Indeed there are quite some website offering passes for a considerably lower price. The Australian site does not deliver to the UK, but sites that do can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. That page shows points of sale depending on where you live, so it should be easy to pick the best one there.

Our Where to buy page also offers some additional information.

Be sure to also check the Discounts section of the Swiss Travel Pass page to see if you can get an additional discount on top of the lower price.

• The thread ‘buying swiss travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.