Tickets France -Switzerland with Swiss Family Card

Tickets France -Switzerland with Swiss Family Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BTSalter
BTSalter
4 posts
Mar 29, 2018 - 4:36 PM

We are planning a vacation in Switzerland with our three kids. We have purchased month-long half-fare passes for my husband and myself and a family card for the kids. I'm attempting to buy a train ticket from Lyon, France to Interlaken. The trainline.eu website allows me to enter our half-fare cards but I have not been able to enter our family card. If I understand it correctly, the family card should let the kids ride free with us on the Swiss part of our trip. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2018 - 8:57 PM in reply to BTSalter

Hi BTSalter and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, that is the case - they are free within Switzerland with the Swiss Family Card. I would just buy tickets from Lyon to the Swiss border (Geneva) for your kids. You can buy that ticket here.

BTSalter
BTSalter
4 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 12:42 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you! We'll just purchase the tickets from Geneva to Interlaken at the Geneva station.

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 7:13 AM in reply to BTSalter

It might be simpler to do everything online so you don't have to deal with ticket lines etc at Geneva. But if you want a pit stop on the trip that can work too.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018