About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Camping spaces in the Jungfrau region in August
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Camping spaces in the Jungfrau region in August

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Loskop
Loskop
2 posts
Jul 9, 2020 - 2:06 PM

Hi

We are planning on driving over from the UK and camping near Interlaken for 2 weeks from mid to end of August (17-29th). I have checked out a few campsite on line and have settled for Manor Farm which is right on the lake. However when i contacted them they said there is no need to book and to just turn up at the gate there should be plenty spots available. Is this correct? I know numbers should be down due to corona but was thinking that this is the height of summer and it will be full? Dont want to take a chance of driving all the way from UK to find out no spaces available ( tent camping so require a pitch) . Does any one have experience of camping around here at this time of the year, will there be plenty spaces available?

Thanks in advance

Kevin Anderson

Ildiko
Ildiko
1023 posts
top member &
Jul 9, 2020 - 6:09 PM in reply to Loskop

Hi Loskop and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Great that you are planning a camping holiday here, in Switzerland.

I was camping in the Jungfrau region in the middle of September, although it wasn't summer anymore, but it was a long weekend in a few nearby cantons with great weather and the camping still had some empty pitches.

If they told you that no booking is required, I would trust them. Make sure to arrive there in time: the latest in the afternoon and not in the evening. Also you can write them an email like a week before your departure and ask them again. If you are sure you are coming, you can ask them to reserve a pitch for you, I believe if you insist a bit, they will do it gladly.

If I go camping I always have a plan "B", just in case if anything happens. You'll find great campsites in the Jungfrau region at www.myswissalps.com/campsites, set the "Subregion" filter as Jungfrau region.

Have you seen our tips about camping in Switzerland at www.myswissalps.com/campsites and www.myswissalps.com/campsites/practical?

I wish you a great holiday!

Ildiko

Also check this: www.myswissalps.com/interlaken

Last modified on Jul 9, 2020 - 6:12 PM by Ildiko
Loskop
Loskop
2 posts
Jul 10, 2020 - 12:36 PM

Many thanks for your reply Ildiko

I know they are probably right to just turn up, but too big a chance to take when driving from so far so i did some more research and scouring of the internet. I eventually found a holiday company that does bookings for this campsite and have managed to secure a spot for the dates needed.

Thanks

Kevin

Anna
Anna
960 posts
top member &
Jul 10, 2020 - 12:58 PM in reply to Loskop

Hi Kevin,

So glad you have managed to secure your spot at the campsite. And thanks for keeping us posted!

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020