Can I buy the Swiss Half- fare Card at Tirano?

• Judy52
    Participant
    131 posts
    3 March 2013 at 20:51:23 #805828

We’ll be arriving from Milan in Tirano on May14. I’ve reserved seats on the Bernina Express to Chur already on-line.

As well as buying our tickets at Tirano, will I be able to buy half-fare cards? I notice it says here you can buy them at larger stations – is Tirano a larger station?

Also, I read somewhere that you need a photo for the half-fare card. Is this true?

I think the half- fare card would work out best for us as we want to take sections of the Glacier Express and Golden Pass Line as well. We also may go up the Jungfraujoch if the weather is good, or do a lake boat ride or two. We’ll be in Switzerland for 6 nights. ( Chur 1 night, Interlaken 3 nights, Montreux 2 nights).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 March 2013 at 0:38:39 #838179

Hi Judy52,

I expect the Swiss Half Fare Card to be available there. You don’t need a photo. Details can be found here.

• The thread ‘Can I buy the Swiss Half- fare Card at Tirano?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.