Can”t Buy Swiss Travel pass with desired date

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 17:17:32 #807627

Hi,

Just now I tried to buy a Swiss Travel Pass for my family (two adult and three children). My desired effective date of the pass is 29th July. Unfortunately the system is not taking dates before 30th July 2015. Tried coupled of times but failed. Am I missing something here? Pls advise as to how can i solve the problem?

We are also planning to Jungfraujoch and Mt. Titlis. I believe that Swiss Pass will not cover it. In that case, what kind of ticket I should purchase and what would be the price with Swiss Family Pass. Dont itend to spend more than a day in any of these areas. Your valuable guidance would be highly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    25 July 2015 at 17:54:10 #844742

Hi mahtab,

I’m not sure where you tried to buy. I noticed you live in Bangladesh. You’d normally buy your pass via http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-pass, but they physically ship the pass and it’s too late now to get one for July 29. Did you try http://www.swissrailways.com perhaps? They do offer print at home passes but even then they require a few days of processing, so unfortunately you’re too late for that too.

An alternative is to go to the US website at http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html and buy the e-pass for the desired number of days. You can print this pass at home immediately.

The tickets to Jungfraujoch and Titlis are discounted for Swiss Travel Pass holders. You can get the tickets locally before you start your trip. Please see the links for more information and links to prices.

Did this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 19:05:05 #844743

Hi Arno, thanks a lot for such a quick response. You are right that I tried http://www.swissrailways.com. As advised, looked at US website and tried to but the ticket from there. The cost is coming out to be a bit higher. Finally got stuck at the time of delivery stage after setting the itinerary. Its asking me to select the delivery method, which I did and in fact there is only one option when i said that i am already in Europe (Hungary). Showing some help line number, not sure if those are US help line or Europe help line. It seems that I am a bit of a mess! In a worse case scenario, can i get the pass in Zurich HP?

Arno
    15481 posts
    25 July 2015 at 19:43:10 #844744

Hi mahtab,

I didn’t realize you’re already in Europe, but ordering through the US site should still work. It is important though, that you select the e-pass on the page I linked to in my previous post, not one of the other options like UPS shipping. If you go to that page and make the right selection, it should work. The pass is also for sale in Zurich (no discounts there though). The e-pass has the advantage that you can use it right away; no need to visit a ticket counter.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 20:06:54 #844745

I selected e-pass only. Wondering what could be the problem?

Do you mean that the benefit of family pass wouldn’t be there if purchase in Zurich HB? what would be the price difference like?

Arno
    15481 posts
    25 July 2015 at 20:20:08 #844746

That’s weird, it works for me. I don’t know what is causing this.

The family pass is available in Zurich too. The US site offers discounts on 1st class passes. Not sure if you need those, but they are not offered in Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 21:36:46 #844747

Hi Arno,

Having read the posts I tried to book the 8 day travel pass but I can’t seem to get it to work for second class tickets. The tickets that come up seem to all be for first class. Would appreciate any help. Used the raileurope.com site.

Thanks,

Benni

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 21:39:33 #844748

Thanks Arno. Finally I could make it. Hope it wouldnt create any problem later simply because the website was not intended to the certain target group as such!! Still the system says the processing time is 2 days. Keeping my finger cross!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2015 at 3:09:20 #844749

How did you manage to get ur ticket of your desired date … I am so freaked out at the moment , we are traveling to Swiss on 28th and haven’t booked the Swiss pass yet , and their website is not allowing me to put the date of 28th. It’s taking me to 30th of July straight away, I hv no idea whAt I am Gona do ,,, arrrghhhh

Arno
    15481 posts
    26 July 2015 at 14:17:43 #844750

Hi Wajinaaem1,

Annika answered your other thread.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2015 at 14:27:43 #844751

yes i just gone through it a while ago, thankyou,

• The thread ‘Can”t Buy Swiss Travel pass with desired date’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.