Chalet Belmont or Les Residences Walbort in Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2018 at 10:58:01 #819064

My daughter and I will be staying 6 nights in Wengen and feel an apartment/condo would be best so we can save money on food by having a kitchen to use. At the present I am looking at two properties.

Chalet Belmont states that it is seconds to the Mannlichen cable car, which is a huge plus. It’s views are of the Mannlichen and Wengen nursery slopes. It is close to the train station, tourist into center, and COOP.

Les Residences Waldbort has a south facing terrace and bedroom balcony with views of the Silberhorn, Breithorn and Jungfrau. The views are spectacular! The only con is that reviewers have said that with luggage it may be difficult to go up the hill. Someone said 7 minute walk up modest hill from train station.

I would love to book the Les Residences Walbort if the hill is manageable with luggage. If anyone is familiar with either of these condo buildings I’d be most appreciative to hear thoughts. I know Wengen is car free, but in the condo listing it says taxis can help with luggage from the train station to the unit. Lastly, has anyone booked a rental with Alpine Holiday Services? Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2018 at 16:25:40 #899753

HI one4islands,

I don’t have experience at either hotel but you can certainly get a taxi to help with luggage if needed yes.

I just have experience booking through the sites we recommend here: http://www.myswissalps.com/re ntals and don’t know personally about Alpine Holiday Services – perhaps another member has though. 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 November 2018 at 19:01:37 #899754

Hi One4islands,

Chalet Belmont is indeed closer to the cable car and the trains. Wengen is a small place though. The other one is not much further, and neither of them are in a steep part of the village as far as I know. Indeed 7 minutes sounds about right. I don’t know Alpine Holiday Services personally, I only heard of them before I think. The below links may help compare both properties and prices:

• The thread ‘Chalet Belmont or Les Residences Walbort in Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.