Cheapest rail travel from Interlaken to Jungfrau

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
imranbeg
imranbeg
1 post
Oct 16, 2016 - 7:08 PM

Hi,

I am following this forum from last many days. I will be there in Switzerland from 03rd Nov to 07th Nov. 3 days I will be staying in Interlaken.

please can you suggest the cheapest combination to travel from Interlaken to Jungfrau.

we are two adult and I was thinking to take either 2 half fare travel card and travel from Interlaken to Jungfrau. The ticket fare I searched with half fare card is CHF 100.00 PP

other combination I was thinking to take 1 half fare travel card (CHF120.00) with 1day travel card plus pass (CHF89.00). I am not sure how much discount I will get this way and how much will be total cost.

As per SBB site, 1 day travel pass plus will give 50% discount. Please can you provide detail and also suggest the cost for this combination.

Thanks in advance.

Arno
Arno
12093 posts
expert &
Oct 17, 2016 - 5:20 AM in reply to imranbeg

Hi imranbeg, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There have been some discussions about the 1-day travelpass plus before. It's a temporary promotion targeted to Swiss residents. I don't know all of the details and I am not sure whether you can even use it with a Swiss Half Fare Card for tourists. After reading some more I don't think you can. Just buying the Swiss Half Fare Card will work fine though. It will get you 50% off and indeed you'd pay around CHF 100 for the ride to Jungfraujoch. You can print the card at home through www.swissrailways.com/ en, or in your case through www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. Please see here for all purchase options.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:12 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019