Cheapest single ticket from Aarau to Italy any

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2010 at 16:19:31 #804024

I did not know about the country passes before and bought one day multi-trip from geneva to bern for about 90 Sfr two days ago 🙁
    May anyone tell me how to get the cheapest single ticket from Aarau to any part of Italy so that I can use my Italy pass? I have got 4 days Italy traveling plan.
    By the way, i am a Chinese girl studing in London. Am i qulified for the cheap tickets or rail passes? I am born in July 1984, so i assume that i am still regarded as youth 🙂
    All the best to the person who will kindly help me out!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    18 October 2010 at 9:20:41 #831898

Hello shuixian, and welcome to the forum! If the trips from Geneva to Bern, and then from Aarau to the Swiss-Italian border, are the only train trips you’ll be making in Switzerland, you’re best off with regular tickets instead of a Swiss rail pass. A single journey from Geneva to Bern normally costs CHF 46.00 (per person and in 2nd class), so maybe you purchased a return ticket? The trip from Aarau to Domodossola (at the Swiss-Italian border) costs CHF 76.00. This is too small of an amount to justify the purchase of a Swiss rail pass. You can simply get a regular ticket from Aarau to Domodossola (this can be purchased right before boarding at the railway station of Aarau) and that’s it. So you don’t have to feel sorry about the ticket Geneva-Bern that you already purchased.

Only if you want to make other journeys during your stay in Switzerland, a Swiss rail pass may be worth your money. In that case, you could consider a Swiss Half Fare Card. Whether this is a good solution in your case, should be calculated based on your exact travel plans. Instructions for this can be found in our rail FAQ.

Unfortunately, you don’t qualify for youth discounts on either regular train tickets or on a Swiss Half Fare Card. Youth discounts in these cases only apply to those up to and including 15 years old. The maximum age for the Swiss Youth Pass is 25.
    Kind regards,

• The thread ‘Cheapest single ticket from Aarau to Italy any’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.