Chocolate factory near Lucerne or Lugano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2010 at 6:18:20 #803848

Does anyone know of any chocolate factory that one can visit near Lucerne or Lugano? Any info would be most helpful. Thanks. Navnita

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    5 June 2010 at 10:14:10 #831354

Hi Navnita, as far as I know, there are two chocolate factories open for visitors in Switzerland:

• the Cailler factory in Broc, which can be reached from Montreux/Lausanne and Fribourg. This would be quite a long trip from both Lucerne and Lugano;
    • Shoggiland in Flawil, which is at a 2 hours train ride from Lucerne.

There’s no chocolate factory in or near Lugano, but there is a chocolat museum in Caslano, which can be reached by train in just 20 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2010 at 15:58:24 #831355

My daughter is most disappointed but I guess, for now, chocolate museum will have to do! Thanks so much! Navnita

• The thread ‘Chocolate factory near Lucerne or Lugano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.