April 18-28 trip report Lucerne & Geneva area

• FrankG
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 May 2019 at 2:53:14 #821501

Just returned from my Swiss adventure from April 18-28, 2019, and it was fun in an exhausting way. First off, I purchased my 8-day Swiss Travel Pass from HappyRail.com via the link on this website as it was the cheapest of all the options listed at the time. After calculating all the destinations I wanted to go to and the museums I wanted to see, it was the best option. Unfortunately, the Patek Philippe museum was closed at the time due to the Easter weekend. However, most stores in Geneva were open on Saturday during that time. Other than that disappointment, weather played a part in two of my destinations: Mt. Titlis and Zermatt/Gornergrat. Due to high winds, the Ice Flyer and Cliff Walk at Mt. Titlis were closed. The same reason also closed down Gornergratbahn out of Zermatt, so no views of the Matterhorn. So my advice is to check on weather conditions prior to visiting these locations. Luckily, I went by myself without booking a tour so I didn’t have to deal with cancellations and refunds. Other than those two disappointments, it was a great trip through a beautiful country filled with nice people.

• The thread ‘April 18-28 trip report Lucerne & Geneva area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.