Collecting a sbb ticket outside of switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2010 at 6:45:05 #803779

We are travelling and are trying to work out how to buy a milan to interlaken ticket from the SBB website to use, as the site says it needs to be picked from a swiss railway station or posted, posting is not an option.

Does anyone know if we can collect the tickets in Milan and if so where??

Cheers

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2010 at 9:18:22 #831109

Hi,

I think the ticket counter at the main rail station in Milan (Milano Centrale) should be able to sell these tickets without pre-booking them first. To be sure, I would suggest to call the customer centre of the Italian Railways.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2010 at 16:11:48 #831110

[quote]Arno said: Hi,

I think the ticket counter at the main rail station in Milan (Milano Centrale) should be able to sell these tickets without pre-booking them first. To be sure, I would suggest to call the customer centre of the Italian Railways.[/quote]

Thanks, I think they can be purchased at the time, but there are substantial savings buying from SBB online in advance. Tickets can be purchased online for say Milan to Interlaken, but the tickets need to be picked up within Switzerland. Sorta doesn’t make sense and knowing how effiicent the Swiss are I think I must be missing something obvious.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2010 at 17:30:22 #831111

I don’t know of the option of ordering through the SBB and collecting the order abroad, but you can contact the SBB through e-mail to ask about it. Should you find out, I would appreciate it if you could post it here for other travellers.

Thanks and have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2010 at 20:47:18 #831112

Will do Arno,

have sent an email a few days ago but imagine with the volcano and everything they are probably a little busy. M

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2010 at 4:14:31 #831113

Final answer

We are sorry but it is not possible to print this ticket. You can onlypick up it on a Swiss rail station or post it on your home address.

If you can not do this you may buy a ticket at Milano till toSwitzerland and from Switzerland to Grindelwald one on a Swiss railstation

Kind regards

Swiss Federal Railways

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 April 2010 at 4:25:59 #831114

Thanks for posting that!

• The thread ‘Collecting a sbb ticket outside of switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.