Weather in March/April in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2019 at 19:21:46 #823984

I have researched about the areas that we want to visit during our planned trip to Switzerland (March 30-April 6, 2020) and here is the list.

1) Interlaken (Grindelwald, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen,Schilthorn, Jungfrau, Murren, Harder Kulm, Kleine Scheidegg, Boat ride at Lake Brienz and Thun)

2) Lucerne (Mt Titlis, Plateus, Rigi, Bernina Express St Moritz to Tirano)

Do you guys think that by March end the snow on mountains (in Jungfraufoch region) would have been melted? We want to see the greenery that Switzerland offers and if during our anticipated visit mountains and valleys would still be covered with snow we wouldn’t enjoy that much since we have lived in snowy areas in US. Should we postpone our trip to either May/June or Sep/Oct to enjoy the serenity of Switzerland to the fullest? I would appreciate if someone who has visited the areas that I have listed during March/April timeframe could share the experience.

Thanks, Pure

• The thread ‘Weather in March/April in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.