Confused over Swiss Transfer Ticket

• ChrisG
    Participant
    3 posts
    4 September 2016 at 18:05:15 #810030

The Swiss Transfer Ticket is said to give a free journey to a destination within Switzerland and free return journey to a border town or airport provided each journey is completed within one day. If you have to buy these tickets and they cannot be used for any other travel why are they are called free tickets? Am I misunderstanding something?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 September 2016 at 18:46:29 #855696

That means that you do not have to buy a ticket and pay for it. So, the pass provides travel free of any other costs for the inbound and outbound, only

Slowpoke

ChrisG
    Participant
    3 posts
    4 September 2016 at 22:14:21 #855697

thanks for your reply. So how do I obtain a transfer ticket without payment because all of the web sites i have looked at require payment?

Chris

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 September 2016 at 0:32:50 #855698

TANSTAFFL

You pay for the pass, instead of paying for individual tickets.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Confused over Swiss Transfer Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.