Could you break a journey with Swiss rail ticket?

Could you break a journey with Swiss rail ticket?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Milena
Milena
4 posts
Mar 26, 2018 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

i am not sure if breaking a journey is allowed on the railways, for example if you stop at an intermediary station and then re-join to complete your journey?

could someone please help if you know

thank you

Milena

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 26, 2018 - 3:43 PM in reply to Milena

Hi Milena,

Yes, that's allowed. It doesn't apply however to the Supersaver tickets. These tickets can only be purchased for a specific date and specific time. Therefore you can't break your trip along the way.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 27, 2018 - 1:25 AM in reply to Milena

Hi Milena,

I thought it might be worth clarifying that if you break your journey, you have to resume and complete it the same day.

If you took an overnight break, you would need a separate ticket for the second day.

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
11146 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2018 - 6:02 AM

I just wanted to pointed out that all of the above is correct, but there are rare exceptions. Sometimes single way tickets are valid for a limited time frame, usually 2 hours. You can still break your trip, but the ticket will in any case expire in 2 hours. This could be the case with a ticket from Zürich to Winterthur, for example. This limitation is printed on the ticket. For this and more train travel details, please see www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/howtotra vel.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018