Day trip from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2011 at 2:40:58 #804139

Hi,

We are 8 people, will stay in Zurich in for three days, and planning to take day trip to Konstanz, Rhine Falls
    and Lugano and would like to travel by train. Can any one please help us in finding out the train travel pass for 8 people.

-Thanks
    Shanker

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 February 2011 at 5:20:01 #832232

Hi ShankerSri! In your case, the cheapest option would be to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card, which entitles you to a 50% discount on the trips you’ve planned. This is slightly cheaper than buying regular train tickets. The costs for your trips can be found in the Swiss timetable, which will help you decide which rail pass (if any) is best.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2011 at 9:45:51 #832233

thanks. couple of more help…

Assume I will have ZURICHCARD as well as SWISS PASS, and I havecouple of clarification.a. CanI go to Lucerne from Zurich by using ZURICHCARD or I have to use SWISS PASS?
    b. Iam also looking to take day trip to Romanshorn from Lucerne in Pre-AlpineExpress (Voralpen-Express), so that I can enjoy scenic view. Can I use SWISSPASS in both the trips?

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 February 2011 at 10:39:41 #832234

Hi Shanker,

The Swiss Pass is valid for both trips. The ZurichCARD can only be used in and around Zurich. Details about valid routes can be found on the Swiss Pass page and the ZurichCARD page.

• The thread ‘Day trip from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.