Delimma of safety of kids vs snow at mountain

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 8:46:48 #808771

Dear All,

I am planning for family vacation of a week in Switzerland during Jul-Aug timeframe. First one 1.5 year old and second one 8 year old. My spouse is too keen to see ice mountain and get feel of snow. My perception is that visiting Mt. Titlis or other high altitude area will not be safe for my younger one. But with that I will miss to ensure lifetime experience of visiting place full of snow.

Can you advise place which is not as high as 3500 meters but less than 2000 meters and there is still chance to see snow for example Kleine Scheidegg?

Any advise on trip plan where my kids could enjoy rather than a lot of physical oriented place. Some do’s and don’t specially having kid of 1.5 years.

Thanks.

Best Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    31 March 2016 at 9:37:28 #850099

Hi writetoshiv, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’d best consult with your doctor if you plan to take the 1.5 year old above 2500 m. It might be ok, but do check so you know how to watch for symptoms of health issues. Please see myswissalps.com/titlis. There won’t be snow below 2500 m in July and August.

• The thread ‘Delimma of safety of kids vs snow at mountain’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.