Difference between swissrailways.com and sbb.ch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hisjsam
hisjsam
11 posts
May 14, 2016 - 7:12 PM

I want to buy a swiss travel pass with email option for purchase from India.

I noticed there are 2 sites from swiss railways selling the Travel pass: swissrailways.com and sbb.ch

What is the difference in buying from either one of these?

I wanted send by email option. However, while trying to purchase from sbb.ch, I did not see any special option. Is there any description of steps available for making the purchase?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
6001 posts
expert &
May 14, 2016 - 8:00 PM

Hi hisjsam,

All the major sites to buy a Swiss Travel Pass from are listed on the Swiss Travel Pass page: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. SBB is the domestic site, primarily for Swiss citizens. Swissrailways.com is the SBB webshop for tourists. To buy a pass and get it e-mailed, you can go to www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will list the shipping options. Pick the "Online Ticket" option from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass and you can print it at home.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
hisjsam
hisjsam
11 posts
May 14, 2016 - 9:02 PM

Thanks a lot Annika for the response.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019