Does a Swiss Pass cover Interlaken to Frankfurt?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sasha007
sasha007
2 posts
Sep 30, 2017 - 9:19 PM

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Interlaken and am planning to buy 1 3 day Swiss travel pass. I need to travel from Interlaken to Frankfurt on 13th October. On checking SBB website, there is a connection at 20:00 on 13th October which is essentially Interlaken to reaching Basel at 22:08 and then a change from Basel at 23:13 to Frankfurt.

I've 3 questions :-

1. Would I be able to purchase this combined ticket directly from the station and just pay for the Basel to Frankfurt part of the journey (since Interlaken to Basel should be free with travel pass) ?

2. Can I rather buy Basel to Frankfurt online now itself? I'm just worried that this price might increase as this would be a point-to-point ticket. This way I should be able to board the Interlaken to Basel with my travel pass and then from Basel board the Frankfurt train for which I'll already have a point-to-point ticket.

3. With the Swiss travel pass,there is no need for tickets as I understand, so irrespective of whether any time slot for a permitted route is expensive (let's say CHF 40 vs CHF 20 for other times) we would be eligible to board a train for that time slot as well correct ?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4027 posts
expert
Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Oct 1, 2017 - 9:00 AM in reply to sasha007

Hi Sasha007,

Just an FYI to see where the Swiss Travel Pass is valid in Switzerland (including mountain trips that are discounted) click here and how to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online click here. You can then have it emailed to you for printing at home - saves you time in lines once you are in Switzerland and you have a back up copy.

Lucas

sasha007
sasha007
2 posts
Oct 1, 2017 - 10:49 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks. For the 3 day pass, the cheapest I could find is 216 CHF. Are there any discounts/promotions currently running that i could use to get the 3 day travel pass for a little less by any chance?

Last modified on Oct 1, 2017 - 10:49 AM by sasha007
rockoyster
rockoyster
4027 posts
expert
Oct 1, 2017 - 10:56 AM in reply to sasha007

Not unless you are under 26.

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Oct 1, 2017 - 3:48 PM in reply to sasha007

Yes, that would be the only current discount that I am aware of (a youth version of the pass).

Last modified on Oct 2, 2017 - 12:20 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018