Does a Swiss Pass cover Interlaken to Frankfurt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2017 at 21:19:06 #813399

Hi,

I’ll be travelling to Interlaken and am planning to buy 1 3 day Swiss travel pass. I need to travel from Interlaken to Frankfurt on 13th October. On checking SBB website, there is a connection at 20:00 on 13th October which is essentially Interlaken to reaching Basel at 22:08 and then a change from Basel at 23:13 to Frankfurt.

I’ve 3 questions :-

1. Would I be able to purchase this combined ticket directly from the station and just pay for the Basel to Frankfurt part of the journey (since Interlaken to Basel should be free with travel pass) ?

2. Can I rather buy Basel to Frankfurt online now itself? I’m just worried that this price might increase as this would be a point-to-point ticket. This way I should be able to board the Interlaken to Basel with my travel pass and then from Basel board the Frankfurt train for which I’ll already have a point-to-point ticket.

3. With the Swiss travel pass,there is no need for tickets as I understand, so irrespective of whether any time slot for a permitted route is expensive (let’s say CHF 40 vs CHF 20 for other times) we would be eligible to board a train for that time slot as well correct ?

• The thread ‘Does a Swiss Pass cover Interlaken to Frankfurt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.