About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Annika
Annika
6366 posts
expert &
Sep 24, 2020 - 3:28 PM in reply to Gailannski

Hi Gaillinski! In addition to Ildikó's answer: yes, (partially) replacing quarantine by quick tests for travelers from high-risk areas is indeed suggested by representatives of the Swiss tourism industry. As far as we can tell, there are no clear plans or a timeline yet. But as soon as we know more about this, or about other developments concerning the options for travelers from abroad, we'll update the first post of this thread.

I'm sorry that things don't look more positive right now. It must be tough not to know if your 3 months' stay in Switzerland (which is a wonderful prospect!) can take place. Things do change quickly though, and there may be options for you this winter. It's just too early to tell I'm afraid. Fingers crossed we can bring better news in a while!

Last modified on Sep 24, 2020 - 3:29 PM by Annika
Gailannski
Gailannski
23 posts
Sep 24, 2020 - 5:02 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you both for your help!

3125 jain
3125 jain
3 posts
Sep 25, 2020 - 4:59 PM in reply to Arno

HI all, I am really confused at the present situation.

We are planning to go from portugal to italy. In one of the days we are planning to go to swiss alps (through Bernina express train in Italy) exploring swiss alps and come back the same day. Just today, there has been restrictions about travel from Portugal in Switzerland.

In the art 4 F (www.admin.ch/opc/en/classified-compilation/20201948/index.html) , "it says clearly who intent to transit and can go to another country" (document about restrictions in Switzerland. )

Will our trip be considered as transit? If we are coming back on the same day back to Italy? Or do we need to quarantine in Switzerland??

Please advice us regarding this. Waiting for reply. Thank you.

Anna
Anna
1007 posts
top member &
Sep 25, 2020 - 8:41 PM in reply to 3125 jain

Hi 3125 jain,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

This is a very tricky situation.

Italy is currently not in the high-risk list but if you are travelling from Italy and have been in a high-risk country the past 10 days preceding your travel to Switzerland, you might be ask to self-isolate upon arrival unless you can prove you are a transit passenger travelling direct to your next destination in another country.

You can check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here: www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/aktuell/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#-571826228

I would personally recommend calling the infoline for a definite answer.
FOPH Infoline for travellers: +41 58 464 44 88 or send out an email to the email address listed on the page

Regards,

Anna

3125 jain
3125 jain
3 posts
Sep 29, 2020 - 3:20 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you for the reply.

I called FOPH infoline and they said they do not know about this situation. I also mailed then and I am still waiting for email reply.

I think if I show them that I am going back to my hotel in Italy they will consider me transit passenger. But I am not sure if they will agree to it.

Best Regards,

3125 jain

Arno
Arno
14418 posts
expert &
Sep 29, 2020 - 4:34 PM in reply to 3125 jain

Hi Jain,

Did you post the same question here? www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/can-one-day-rail-travel-be-considered-as-transit

If that's you, please be sure to post questions in one thread only, and use one account for this forum. Thanks!

Last modified on Sep 29, 2020 - 4:34 PM by Arno
3125 jain
3125 jain
3 posts
Sep 29, 2020 - 7:03 PM in reply to Arno

No I did not post. It is my friend who is also trying to find solution for this.

I did not know that he is also posting here. Sorry for the confusion.

WTandBeyond
WTandBeyond
13 posts
Feb 24, 2021 - 7:26 PM

We have a trip scheduled in June from the US. We were supposed to go last June, this is our rescheduled trip to hopefully use all of our credits as many did not provide refunds. Does anyone know if there has been discussion about how the vaccine will change travel? Will vaccinated people be allowed in without the quarantine if they come from high risk countries? Will all travel restrictions be dropped once the majority of Swiss are vaccinated? How is the vaccine roll out coming along in Switzerland?

Ildiko
Ildiko
1060 posts
top member &
Feb 24, 2021 - 9:04 PM in reply to WTandBeyond

Hi WTandBeyond,

I understand your concern. It is very difficult to predict what will be the rule in June as it is still too far from today.

I've read that at the moment Canton Graubünden does not require travellers from other countries to enter quarantine on arrival if they have received two vaccinations for COVID-19, although there are still exemptions. (Read more at www.graubuenden.ch/en/news-tips/2021/01/coronavirus-questions-and-answers-about-skiing-holidays-graubunden)

At www.covid19.admin.ch/en/epidemiologic/vacc-doses you find the up to date numbers regarding the vaccinations in Switzerland.

I recommend you to keep an eye on the first post of this thread, where Arno updates regularly the information. Also, have a look at www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus.

Stay safe,
Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021