Dec 4, 2021 - 9:57 AM
in reply to Arno
Hi, We are travelling from Singapore to France first and will be entering Switzerland via the border region (Strasbourg to Basel), do you know if we require a PCR test? We saw that there is an exemption as such mentioned in the FAQ (extract below) but not sure if we would fall under this
2. Does the test requirement also apply to Switzerland’s border regions?
No, exemptions apply for cross-border commuters and people travelling to Switzerland from the border
regions. Travellers from these regions do not have to complete a contact form or have a test.
The border regions are:
• Regions in Germany: Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria
• Regions in France: Grand-Est, Burgundy/Franche Comté and Auvergne/Rhône-Alpes
• Regions in Italy: Piedmont, Aosta Valley, Lombardy and Trentino/South Tyrol
• Regions in Austria: Tyrol and Vorarlberg
• Regions in Liechtenstein: the whole Principality of Liechtenstein