Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    7 December 2021 at 7:34:33 #933547

Hi Jorodri and bear2019,

With the implementation of stricter measures on testing, I reckon there would be more testing centres set up in many destinations throughout Switzerland. If you are unable to make an online appointment, you can walk-in at most pharmacies and get tested. Your hotel should be able to provide a local contact for testing purposes.

If you have a foreign insurance card or using travel insurance, most likely you will need to pay in cash or by credit card and claim reimbursement from your insurance provider later. Please check with your insurance provider about this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Anna

sjomishkin
    Participant
    11 posts
    7 December 2021 at 13:24:54 #933548

Anna do we need to have a negative PCR test to enter Switzerland now? We are flying in to Zurich and then taking the train to Zermatt. And THEN we must also test on day 4, correct? But this can be a rapid test right? This is all so confusing and changing by the week!! And how many hours before arriving to Zurich can we do a PCR test?

thank you again! You are so helpful!!

jorodri
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 December 2021 at 13:55:44 #933549

Thanks Anna for your prompt response!

I think we’re being quite cautious but in my mind it’s a good thing.

-Jose

Anna
    6382 posts
    7 December 2021 at 14:40:44 #933550

Hi sjomishkin,

Yes, starting from 6 Dec, all arrivals aged 16 and above need to present a negative PCR test to enter Switzerland. The test should be taken no more than 72 hours before arrival. If you are visiting for more than 3 days, you are required to do a second test (between the 4th and 7th day) and this can be a rapid antigen test. You can find more information on the first post of this thread.

Regards,

Anna

Syoon226
    Participant
    1 post
    8 December 2021 at 4:21:09 #933551

Hello,

We arrived to Zurich on 12/5 evening, for the second test that needs to be completed, would 12/8 or 12/9 be considered the 4th day after arrival? Reason I ask is because I will be transiting to Bern on 12/8 afternoon and it looks like there is less Covid-19 testing availability in Bern compared to Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2021 at 6:52:15 #933552

Hi Syoon226,

the 2nd PCR or rapid antigen test should be done between the 4th and 7th day of your stay. The 4th day of your stay will be 9 December.

You’ll find the test locations under “Important notes” at http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Take care and I wish you a wonderful holiday,

Ildiko

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    8 December 2021 at 12:54:36 #933553

hi,

just to confirm again, my parent in law has EU Digital Covid Certificate (with QR code), they are from Turkey. does this accepted or still need to apply for Covid certificate for Switzerland?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2021 at 13:48:12 #933554

Hi Bear2019,

Yes. The certificates from EU/EFTA countries and those issued by third countries that are connected to the EU system can also be used to enter Switzerland. For more details please see the first post in this thread and http://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#231667184.

regards,

Ildiko

Fballguy
    Participant
    39 posts
    8 December 2021 at 13:54:56 #933555

Point of clarification…The “Travel Ready” link within the United Airlines app is instructing me to get a PCR test within 72 hours of DEPARTURE. On this site, I am seeing 72 hours before ARRIVAL. The app is crystal clear on this (doesn’t mean it’s right) saying I should receive my test no earlier than December 13 at 4:05 PM. We leave on December 16 at 4:05 PM.

Is United wrong?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2021 at 14:13:06 #933556

Hi Fballguy,

I think that both sites are correct. To be able to enter in Switzerland, you need a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours and performed in the country of departure is required upon entry. PCR tests are valid for 72 hours, starting from taking the test sample. (More details in the first post of this thread.)

For your flight, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure.

For example, let’s say that you are leaving on December 16 at 4:05 PM and arriving in Switzerland on December 17. at 4:05 PM (as an example), you should make the test after December 14 at 4:05. With this both pages are correct. I do not know when you are arriving in Switzerland this was just an example, so you should calculate it.

Please, let me know if I haven’t explained it clearly.

Regards,

Ildiko

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    8 December 2021 at 14:29:41 #933557

hi Ildiko,

THank you for your prompt assistance. I have two questions:

1. Im currently applying the Covid Cert via the link. the notification said can

“You can upload up to 6 supplementary documents of max. 5MB each”.

however, it only allowed to select one file only per each requirement.

does this is right?

2. 72 hours before ARRIVAL.

my flight from my country to Switzerland will take roughly around 19 hours. means if my departure is 21 January 2.45am, the earliest / best time I should do PCR test probably anytime after 19 January 2.45pm? hope i understand this is right.

THank you once again.

Fballguy
    Participant
    39 posts
    8 December 2021 at 16:24:34 #933558

Thank you IIdiko..I follow and agree with your timing guidance (we arrive at 10:30 AM on the 17th). The confusing thing is…United doesn’t have a testing requirement to fly international or domestic. They simply enforce whatever the destination country requires. Further they specifically state that these are the requirements of Switzerland. Not only that, they say “or antigen test or vaccination documentation”. Hopefully, nobody relies solely on United to provide clear guidance. I’ve attached screen shots.

Myles
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 December 2021 at 6:58:11 #933559

Regarding the second PCR/Rapid Antigen Test between 4-7 days after arrival, does the counting of day starts on the day of arrival or after? E.g. If we are arriving in Zurich on 19-Dec at 12:25 PM, is our 4th day on 22-Dec or is it on 23-Dec?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2021 at 19:54:20 #933560

Hi Myles and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

your 4th day will be 23 Dec.

A new PCR test or a rapid antigen test is required between the 4th and 7th day of your stay, so you have some days to let it down. You’ll find test locations at http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/planning/about-switzerland/covid-pcr-test/.

Take care,

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2021 at 19:59:11 #933561

Hi Fballguy,

that is weird, indeed.

If you are arriving at 10:30 AM on the 17th, you need to take your test after 10:30 AM on the 14th. Calculating with some delays, I personally would go testing after 5 PM on the 14th – if you still have time to receive your test result. I guess you do.

Regards,
    Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2021 at 20:19:08 #933562

Hi Bear2019,

Did you manage to finish your Covid certificate application? If you have technical questions with your application for a COVID-19 certificate, you can call the following infoline: +41 58 469 79 63 Please note the hours of operation: 7am to 8pm (CET), Monday to Sunday

If you leave around 3 AM (CET) on 21. Jan and your travel takes around 19 hours then you will arrive around 10 PM (CET) in Switzerland. So you need to test after 10 PM (CET) 18. Jan. Calculating with some delays, I would say that 19. Jan at 2:45 PM (CET) sound good 🙂

Regards,

Ildiko

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    10 December 2021 at 2:52:22 #933563

Thank you, as always very helpful!

☺️

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2021 at 13:45:47 #933564

Hi everyone,

The second test is no longer required for short stays. It applies only if you stay at least 7 nights. The first post is updated: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Tamy
    Participant
    7 posts
    10 December 2021 at 16:44:30 #933565

This is very helpful Arno. Will keep checking on updates & hoping that things will change by March.

Alecia
    Participant
    1 post
    11 December 2021 at 17:50:30 #933566

Hi everyone!

I am currently planning a travel soon to Switzerland from Singapore, and would like to ask about the verification of Covid Certificate please.

I understand Singapore-issued covid certificate was just added to the EU Digital Covid Certificate system. Does this mean I am able to use Singapore’s app in order to show that I am properly vaccinated and get around in Switzerland? Or will I still need to download the EU app?

Also, may I know please how is the process like in Switzerland when checking vaccination status to enter restaurants e.g.? Is this through an app as well?

My apologies if this may have been asked before, as it is rather confusing for me. Would really appreciate any advice!

Thank you so much!

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.