About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Drip coffee bags in Swiss supermarkets?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Drip coffee bags in Swiss supermarkets?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ketoeato
Ketoeato
28 posts
Nov 3, 2022 - 10:43 AM

Dear MySwissAlps members,

Are we able to find drip coffee bags in Coops and Migros? Tried to search on their websites for 'drip coffee', but couldn't find the product.

Was only able to find capsules, coffee beans and instant coffee.

Looking for 100% coffee powder (no sugar and additives) that is in drip bags. Please see sample of drip bag attached.

I need one coffee in the morning before I can go about my day😊

Thanks!

Attachments
Ildiko
Ildiko
2515 posts
expert &
Nov 3, 2022 - 11:09 AM in reply to Ketoeato

Hi Ketoeato,

we have some kind of coffee powder, it is instant coffee, you have to add just hot water to it. Check them here. Did you mean something like this?

Ildiko

Learn more about Swiss gastronomy: www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/culturehistory/food

1960man
1960man
4355 posts
expert
Nov 3, 2022 - 10:07 PM in reply to Ketoeato

I'm afraid the picture you have given doesn't help me to understand what type of coffee you want. I have never heard of 'drip coffee' so I don't think it is a word known in Europe

EASW
EASW
55 posts
Nov 4, 2022 - 12:35 AM

I don’t recall seeing that type of coffee packaging in Coop or Migros. I would suggest bringing them with you.

The hotels we stayed in all had Nespresso-type coffee machines in them.

Anna
Anna
3890 posts
expert &
Nov 4, 2022 - 10:58 AM in reply to EASW

Hi Ketoeato,

Switzerland has a strong coffee culture. What you're looking for is probably known as filter kaffee here. Some supermarkets may sell them but if you prefer your own brand, you should bring along a pack with you.

Regards,

Anna

Ketoeato
Ketoeato
28 posts
Nov 4, 2022 - 10:21 PM in reply to Anna

Dear MySwiss members,

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I think filter kaffee is something similar to drip coffee.

Would bring a pack along for our trip for our morning coffee before we head out of the apartment.

Excited to try out the coffee at the cafes in Switzerland too 😊

1960man
1960man
4355 posts
expert
Nov 5, 2022 - 12:59 AM in reply to Ketoeato

If you do mean filter coffee powder then it is widely available in bulk packets - see 'ground coffee' here: www.migros.ch/en/category/beverages-coffee-tea/hot-drinks/coffee-beans-ground-coffee

, but your accomodation would need to have exactly the right filter coffee machine (cafetiere) - this is possible in self catering but unlikely in a hotel, so there would be no point in buying your own unless you know you will have a machine to use it in.

I don't think you will find the coffee in cafes in Switzerland has any real difference from anywhere else in the world.

Last modified on Nov 5, 2022 - 1:01 AM by 1960man

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022